• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to link two FrameMaker 12 books with shared content into the same RoboHelp 11 file?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one might require some back story.

I'm working at a company with roughly 60 business units that will each be getting their own emergency response procedures (.FM files compiled into a single FrameMaker .book file for their department). I then want to link all of these books to a single RoboHelp so that when it comes time to publish all of these plans into WebHelp menus I can do that with a single batch generate/publish.

My problem is that some of the FM files within the books are shared (maybe two or more departments are at the same location or all of them share the same corporate level plans) so that when I try to link two books with a shared FM file it throws an error.

Is there away to allow multiple copies of a FM file to exist in a single RoboHelp? Or is there a better solution to the task at hand?

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated as I am still a moderate beginner with Frame and RoboHelp.

---Corey---

P.S. Just to complicate things this will all be done via SharePoint so books and FM files live there, and then the RoboHelp output will be published there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you’re looking at creating a merged RH project – one parent project that subsumes all the linked FM to RH child projects – read up on merged help on Peter’s site (grainge.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp