1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 9:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 takes about 6 minutes to open but then won't close

csu1970 Level 1

My old computer died so I am installing my Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on my new laptop with 8 gb Ram, 1 tb storage and Windows 8.1.  When I click on the icon to open it it can take up to 5-6 minutes to open and if it does, when I try to close it, it won't close.  I just get programs fails to respond.  Can any body help me?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 takes about 6 minutes to open but then won't close
          A.T. Romano Level 7

csu

What video card is your Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit) computer using? NVIDIA GeForce or other?

Please check the Device Manager/Display Adapters to confirm the video card/graphics card and how many cards.

Is the card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? And, do you have QuickTime (latest version) installed on

the computer with Premiere Elements?

Are you  using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Please consider the above and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR