7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 10:52 PM by A.T. Romano

I need to create very white background

royajoon

to be able to see on amazon ,,, the picture I send them looks white to me but they say it is not...what product can help me to create a very white background.

• 1. Re: I need to create very white background
          A.T. Romano Level 7

royajoon

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the absence of further information, I will generalize.

Go to New Item/Color Matte. In the Color Picker that pops up after hitting Color Matte, set R = 255, G = 255, and B = 255 (that should show #FFFFFF)

After you click OK in the Color Picker, the color matte will be placed on the Timeline at wherever you have the Timeline Indicator positioned.

For a more detailed answer, please give more details.

Any questions or need clarification, please ask but give details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I need to create very white background
            royajoon Level 1

Thank you so much...

I have bought adobe Photoshop elements 13

I have window 8 hp

I just wanted to make sure I bought the right item.

I am trying to sell online and they want the background of pictures to be soooo white (more than I can see) and I am very new to Photoshop program. not so savvy about this stuff. sorry

Roya

• 3. Re: I need to create very white background
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Roya

I am putting on my Photoshop Elements 13 hat, Please give the following a try for your Photoshop Elements 13 project. What I gave you before was for Premiere Elements 13 (video editor).

Open to Photoshop Elements 13 Editor - double click the foreground color box of the Color Picker at the bottom of the toolbox to bring up the Color Picker (foreground color) dialog.

R = 255

G =255

B = 255

# ffffff

Click OK to close the Color Picker (foreground color) dialog.

If you want to apply that white color to a layer in the Layers Palette, select the layer and then use Alt+Backspace key.

If you are using File Menu/New/Blank File to create your document, at the bottom of New dialog, set the Background Contents = White. Click OK.

Please let us know if the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: I need to create very white background
                royajoon Level 1

Thank you...however is this a right program that I bought or should I buy something else.

• 5. Re: I need to create very white background
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

roya

Depends on what your projects needs are.

Photoshop Elements is basically a photo editor. Whereas Premiere Elements is a video editor. Lots more to the story, but that is the short answer for now.

Please let us know what type of projects you want to create so that we could give you a better idea

what type of program to suggest.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: I need to create very white background
                    royajoon Level 1

I am trying to sell clothing on eCommerce site  and the pics I have suggested to them they say it does not have a white background well to me it does... but they said they put it in some program and they see is not PURE white. I need to make a photo bacground  pure white for their web site.

Thx

• 7. Re: I need to create very white background
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

roya

If you are presenting jpg photos to this company, then you should be well served with a photo editing program, such as Photoshop Elements. All these programs come with

a learning curve. So lots to learn. Check out the following to determine if you like what you see

http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop-elements/

Best wishes

ATR