4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 6:50 PM by flashnewcomer

Any limitations on recompiling document from CS3 in CC?

flashnewcomer Level 1

I have files from flash CS3 which are not working correctly in Flash CC when I publish the HTML and .SWF files.  I am able to successfully generate the .exe for windows with no errors but functionality is not the same.  I didn't change anything in the document.  The app generated from Flash CS3 works fine.  The functionality that is not working is with a movie clip symbol with dynamic text.  The action script is setting the text property.   Are there any known limitations that code will not work in CC? 

• 1. Re: Any limitations on recompiling document from CS3 in CC?
          flashnewcomer Level 1

I did change isPlaying variable to another name since I was getting error 1152 which is "conflict exists with inherited definition".  But this has nothing to do with the symbol's text.

• 2. Re: Any limitations on recompiling document from CS3 in CC?
            Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

CC dropped a number of features that are in the CS versions so that could be a contributing factor.

What specifically is not happening relative to the textfield?

• 3. Re: Any limitations on recompiling document from CS3 in CC?
              flashnewcomer Level 1

It's not displaying.  I have a movie clip symbol called question with base class of flash.display.movieclip.  The timeline for it has question and number.   Number has a property of num_text which is dynamic.  Action script sets the num_text to an appropriate value for each instance of question but the value doesn't display in the application.  Same document compiled with CS works fine.

• 4. Re: Any limitations on recompiling document from CS3 in CC?
                flashnewcomer Level 1

Below is the code.  Questions load fine and display when I rollover, rollout and click.  Problem is the text within the movie clip.  It does not display. Fonts are embedded.  I have 2 movieclip symbols -- question and question_bg.  Question_bg is layer 1 and question is an instance of question_bg.  Num_txt is the text field name of number defined as dynamic text.  Number is another layer on top of question symbol. The questions load into num_txt fine.  Both question and number are on the timeline. How do I set the number of the question to display within the question movieclip?  It only shows for the first and last instance of question with value of 1.  Code works in CS3.

function xmlLoaded(event:Event):void

{

questions = XML(myLoader.data);

loadQuestions();

}

function loadQuestions():void {

var item:int = 0;

for (item = questions.children().length()-1; item>=0; item--){

var myQuestion:XML = XML(questions.child(item));

var questionIcon:Question = new Question();

var num:int = item + 1;

questionIcon.num_txt.text = num.toString();

questionIcon.x = 2.5+item*24;

questionIcon.y = 739;

questionIcon.alpha = .5;

questionIcon.name = "question"+num.toString();

questionIcon.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, rollOverQuestion);

questionIcon.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, rollOutQuestion);

questionIcon.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, clickQuestion);

addChild(questionIcon);

}

}