5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 3:29 PM by THG_BO

Memory leak in LR.

tim123456789

I'm getting what appears to be a memory leak in LR. Is anyone else experiencing this ramp of memory usage as viewed in Task Manager. I have 32GB of DDR3 installed and LR takes it all and want's more. The ramp peaks with all of physical memory allocated to LR (~28GB) and a total of ~47GB allocated to the app. Once it hangs out in slowmageddon for awhile it drops back down to around 13GB and restarts the ramp (~ 30seconds or so) to full allocation again.

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong with my installation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Memory leak in LR.
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Version of OS?

Version of LR?

Print of the diagnostics in LR's Help menu (remove the serial!)

• 2. Re: Memory leak in LR.
            tim123456789 Level 1

My PC is running Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, 64-bit

My Lightroom info is below from the help menu

Thanks for your help...

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 License type: PerpetualOperating system: Windows 7 Business EditionVersion: 6.1 Application architecture: x64System architecture: x64Logical processor count: 8Processor speed: 3.5 GHzBuilt-in memory: 32728.0 MBReal memory available to Lightroom: 32728.0 MBReal memory used by Lightroom: 10881.6 MB (33.2%)Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 18161.4 MBMemory cache size: 0.0 MBMaximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4System DPI setting: 96 DPIDesktop composition enabled: YesDisplays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200, 3) 1920x1200

Application folder: E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1Library Path: H:\My Pictures2\Lightroom\Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcatSettings Folder: C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 1) Behance2) Canon Tether Plugin3) Export to Photomatix Pro4) Facebook5) Flickr6) JPEG Optimizer7) Leica Tether Plugin8) Merge to 32-bit HDR9) Nikon Tether Plugin10) Perfect Effects 811) Photo Upload12) SkyDrive Upload

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 1002 D

To: Timothy Parker <parkertimj@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:14 AM

Subject:  Memory leak in LR.

Memory leak in LR.

created by F. McLion in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionVersion of OS?Version of LR?Print of the diagnostics in LR's Help menu (remove the serial!) If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7165586#7165586 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7165586#7165586 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: Memory leak in LR.
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

And what are you doing in LR when it consumes unexpectedly large amounts of memory?  Are you doing Develop module tasks or Exports or using any of the plug-ins?  Do you have any memory-optimizer apps loaded?

• 4. Re: Memory leak in LR.
                tim123456789 Level 1

It usually stars about 60 seconds after I open the application then the memory ramping to max starts and repeats every 3-4 min for about 30 to 60 min and finally settles out at around 16GB Committed memory. All of this without me performing any operations at all.  I don't have any memory optimization running.

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: Memory leak in LR.
                  THG_BO Level 3

Hello,

try the following:

- delete your preferrence file by renaming it (located here: %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences)

- create a new catalog (and import some data)

Does this help?