3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 3:20 PM by Geoff the kiwi

Removing Student Addition of LR first?

Krafty0664

I was given as a gift LR the student edition several months ago and I recently decided to go with CC so that I could have an edition of PS and BR. I never downloaded LR from CC because I had it already. but now I m thinking I should remove it and download LR so that I make sure I get all updates. (I believe there is a big one coming soon)

Can I do this?

• 1. Re: Removing Student Addition of LR first?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If Lightroom is working satisfactorily, the decision is yours. When I switched to the creative cloud I uninstalled my Lightroom 5 and installed from the creative cloud application manager. There is absolutely no difference in the program. But the application manager will keep track of updates. And when Lightroom 6 is released it will be available on the application manager.

When I uninstalled Lightroom and installed from the application manager, an icon was placed on my desktop by the installer. I double-clicked on the icon and Lightroom open using the same catalog I had been using. There were no changes or adjustments of any kind that I had to do. So the switchover is painless.

• 2. Re: Removing Student Addition of LR first?
            DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

As Jim says.

Also keep your Lightroom License key as it is still valid in addition to the Lightroom CC.

• 3. Re: Removing Student Addition of LR first?
              Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As Jim has stated but if on a Mac the method is slightly different, just trash the current app then d/load via the CC app. But ensure it is registered with Adobe on your ID first... the serial number will be retained there for safety.