Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly I am unable to create a new blank project in RH11

Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?  I create a blank project, but RH11 does not create a .xpj file--only some other files and the SSL folder.  Everything was working until this week and this project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

You might need to simply perform a reinstall of RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got any version control going on here? Change your machine? New location for projects, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly are you trying to create the project? What is the path?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.  I tried creating one on my hard disk as well as in my local Checkout folder from Documentum, where we do all our work.  Neither process worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT change your rights on you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  To respond to Jeff_Coatsworth--yes, I have version control going on with my FM book under version control in Documentum, but the RH11 project I am creating is new.  I thought of this and tried to create the RH11 project on my hard drive in the My RoboHelp Projects > Adobe RoboHelp 11 folder.  RH11 is not creating the .xpj file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW – best practices say to create RH projects in short path locations like C:\projects\project_name\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that, thanks.  My project is in C:\Help_working_Folder\Project Name.  Still no .xpj file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got full admin rights to that folder? Can you “save as” an existing sample project in the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A silly question, but how are you looking for the .XPJ file? If you look in Windows Explorer can you see it there. I'm just wondering if you are using the Open Project dialog but have the "File Type" drop down filtered to not show them.

Feel free to post a silly answer in response 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at the folder in Explorer.RH11_No_xpj_SuPiercy.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go to the location of the sample projects supplied with RH and see if you can see all the files there? They are normally in your My Documents\My RoboHelp Projects directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to simply perform a reinstall of RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samples_xpj.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue corrected itself when I uninstalled and reinstalled TCS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp