2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 8:26 AM by nova6studios

is the new ASUS GeForce GTX 960 supported by Adobe?

nova6studios

I am looking at buying a new video card for my system.  I am on a budget and I watched a review of the ASUS GeForce GTX 960 and it fits in my price range.  I looked at the list of Adobe approved video cards but it is not listed yet.  Does anyone know if it is/will be approved?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: is the new ASUS GeForce GTX 960 supported by Adobe?
          Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Notice that none of the GTX 900 series are yet on the list, but the GTX 970 and the GTX 980 both work wonderful with the MPE GPU hardware accelerated effects and features.  There should be no reason why it would not work.  Unless your current card is a bottleneck do not expect miracles from any new GPU.  Premiere is highly CPU intensive and it depends on what you are specifically doing and what board you have to see if it will improve your workflow.

• 2. Re: is the new ASUS GeForce GTX 960 supported by Adobe?
            nova6studios Level 1

Thanks for the reply!  I have a pretty good system but I didn't splurge on a video card.  I have an ASUS Sabertooth X79 board with Intel i7-4930k liquid cooled.  16GB of RAM.  Dual 256GB SSD at RAID 0 for the operating system.  256GB SSD for applications.  500GB 7200 rpm drive for storage and 500GB 7200 as my render drive.  BUT I have an $80 video card.  I watched a review on the ASUS GeForce GTX 960 and thought it might be a good fit for my system, but with so many video card choices I wanted to get someone's opinion on how they thought it would work with premiere/after effects.  Also to make sure that I can use the CUDA benefits in premiere.

I plan on buying more RAM later this year.  The board maxes out at 64GB.  Not quite sure if I'll get that yet, or the video card first.

thoughts?

Thanks again!