• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto insert closing greater than sign

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to transition from cfeclipse.  When I type a '<' I want cfbuilder to insert the closing '>' like it did in cfeclipse.  If the tag I enter requires a closing tag then I type over the '>' with my own '>' and it closes the tag.

So, typing '<cfdump' gets me <cfdump>

typing '<cfoutput>' gets me '<cfoutput></cfoutput>'

and so on.  Is there anyway to customize this behavior?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest you’ll likely get is under Preferences>ColdFusion>Profiles>Editor>Typing, where there is an option for “auto-close tags”. I don’t know that the choices offered will do exactly what you want, and I’m not aware of any way to customize such things, though it may well be possible.

also, in case you ask any follow-up questions, it could be helpful to indicate if you are talking about CFBuilder 3 or 2.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF Builder 3.  The '>' is not one of the options available.  I was hoping there was an XML config file hiding somewhere where one could customize the regular expressions used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. That’s why I couched my response as I did.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was looking for the same thing and it looks like this functionality has been added to CF Builder 2016.  This can be found by going to Window -> Preferences -> ColdFusion -> Profiles -> Editor -> Typing.  When you are there look under the section "Auto-close tags" and choose "When typing '>' of start tag", click Apply and you should be good to go.  This worked like a charm for me.

Hope that helps.

Mikeal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation