2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 9:06 AM by xronisx36621546

Can't launch photoshop debug

ddyer00

I'm trying to trick extension builder 3 under eclipse to work as a debug environment for photoshop cc 2014.  I

followed the advice at Adobe Extension Builder and Creative Cloud 2014

to change path names etc.

When I try to debug-as a photoshop extension, I get the pop-up "a version of photoshop is already running"

although I'm certain this is not the case.  I tracked the startup process to running tasklist.exe, and found

that a task called PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe was running, and that killing it fixed the problem.

So my question is, WTF is PhotoshopElementsFileAgent ?  this is a newly rebuilt machine, and I believe

the only adobe applications that have been installed were done by the CC installer.  Certainly not photoshop

elements.

Second, for the adobe employees that may be reading this forum, the test for photoshop running seems to be

imprecise.

• 1. Re: Can't launch photoshop debug
          ddyer00 Level 1

another unexplained speed bump getting this configuration to work.  When you run/debug

the extensions from eclipse debug-as menu item, files are copied from the project to windows

c:\users\<username>AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP\extensions

the manifest file is copied from a hidden copy in <project>.staged-extension\csxs

this hidden file determines which versions of photoshop will recognise the extension.

• 2. Re: Can't launch photoshop debug
            xronisx36621546

I have a problem with Photoshop.When it opens an error occurred and I have two choices.First to close the program and second to debug.When I choose debug my pc opens the visual studio and I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?