3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 2:56 PM by Warunicorn

stylus has serious lag or not responding at all...

TivonCreagerArt

i recently got a brand new galaxy note pro 12.2 and was using the free "sketchbook pro" app which was awesome untill i realized i wasnt able to upload/download hi res.(dpi) pics so i downloaded and PAYED for "Adobe PS Touch" which seemed to do the trick with higher res pic downloading/uploading but it has a really annoying lag time with the stock s pen and any other stylus pen i use... what gives? is there a setting im over looking? ive messed with settings in the device, as well as the app... and nothing seems to work... still very choppy, delayed or non existant response...  please help thanks...~

• 1. Re: stylus has serious lag or not responding at all...
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

If you're working with high resolution images with a few layers (I believe PS Touch works with images up to 12 Megapixels or so), your biggest hurdle is hardware and its performance. The Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 is no slouch with about 3 GB of RAM and a 1.9 GHz processor but it isn't a full bore desktop either. In any case, did you see if the Note Pro 12.2 had any OS updates?

I could have sworn the newer versions of SketchBook for Android had higher-res support (but in exchange for less layers).

• 2. Re: stylus has serious lag or not responding at all...
            TivonCreagerArt Level 1

first of all...thanks for the reply... 2nd, im a bit of a newb to digital art... i just got this galaxy note pro 12.2 just barely two weeks ago ... does it need new os updates? and the less layers in sketchbook pro would be ok with me (i usually never use more than 3 layers or so) if i knew how to export pics with higher res... that doesnt seem to be an option anywhere on sketchbook pro that ive found...

• 3. Re: stylus has serious lag or not responding at all...
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

The Note 12.2 might need updates. I'm not familiar with its procedure, though, so you might want to check here.

I'm trying to remember but it's been ages since I used SketchBook Pro for mobile. (Version 3.9 if I recall.) I know for sure it let you choose several resolutions and could even specify your own (again, all based on hardware). You had to do it before starting to work on a project.