3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 8:33 PM by A.T. Romano

project assets

tpk777

I cannot see my project assets in PE 12. Using a MAC and not able to figure this out.

• 1. Re: project assets
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tpk777

Are you working in the Expert workspace or Quick workspace in your Premiere Elements 12 Mac?

It is only in the Expert workspace that you have the Project Assets Palette with file thumbnails which are stored there and can be

dragged from there to the Timeline as needed.

In the Quick workspace, Add Media/......and the import goes directly to a scene space in the Filmstrip.

Or, are you saying that your are in Expert workspace and the Project Assets Palette is missing?

Please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...I forgot to ask....have you updated 12 to 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

• 2. Re: project assets
            tpk777 Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am in the expert workspace and there is nothing in the Project Assets.

• 3. Re: project assets
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tpk777

Thanks for the further details.

You wrote

I am in the expert workspace and there is nothing in the Project Assets

Some scenarios to explore

1. Can you import some files into your Premiere Elements 12 Mac project while you are in the Quick workspace so that the imports go directly

to the Filmstrips scene spaces and be seen there?

2. If so, switch to the Expert workspace and open Project Assets. Do you see the source media that was imported while you were in the Quick workspace?

3. Did you explore the icons at the top of Project Assets

Show/Hide Video

Show Hide Still Image

Show/Hide Audio

to assure that you do not have hidden files in Project Assets

4. Have determined if this issue is just with one project or with all you projects, old and new?

5. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file? I believe it is found on Mac..

Users\Owner\Libraries\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you for the follow. Appreciated.

ATR