3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 2:12 PM by Lille Ulven

Lightroom 5.7 unable to export or edit in

susang4377310

I keep getting a message that says: Unable to Export An Internal Error has occurred: ?:0:attempt to index a nil value.  I am using Lightroom 5.7 and Photoshop CC 2014 on a Mac with OS10.7.5

Also, my Edit In Options are all greyed out.  All of this was working fine 2 days ago and seemed to coincide with a corrupted catalog. 

I have tried the following:

-  Deleted the LR preferences

-  Re-Installed LR

-  Deleted & Re-Installed PS CC 2014

Please help!!!

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5.7 unable to export or edit in
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I the Export Menu at the bottom, check the Post-Processing section. Make sure the "After Export" choice isn't blank. Choose "Do Nothing".

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5.7 unable to export or edit in
            susang4377310 Level 1

Thank you Geoff, but that it was already set to Do Nothing.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a solution other than creating a new user on my Mac and then both LR & PS are behaving perfectly...this is challenging though as I'd have to direct the new user at all of my apps and files and this is quite complicated.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5.7 unable to export or edit in
              Lille Ulven

You don't happen to have a backup on a different hard drive, do you? (OK, you may have found your solution already as this thread is a couple of months old...but then maybe my workaround will help someone encountering the same difficulties later on)
              I just had the very same error - after my original catalogue got corrupted and actually several repair-attempts (and copying the backup file into the original directory) finally resulted in an apparently working catalogue... I could not export any files but got instead this error message:

An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

(Mac OS 10.10.3, LR5.7)

It seems though that the repair-attempts also resulted in a corrupted hard drive (which I thought to have fixed with the Mac Hard Drive tool).

What eventually saved me was: I opened the backup catalogue in LR in its backup-directory. No problem with any type of nil-value during export.
              So workaround for now:

1. Daily backups on a different hard drive

2. Remembering this and hoping to always find the latest backup.

Best of luck

Wiebke