• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Rewind Button IE Issue

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a custom button in Captivate 7 with one simple expression CPcmndGotoFrameandResume = - 75  the CP file is running at 15 fps the goal of this button is to rewind the slide 5 sec and resume playing and it works in all browsers except IE more specifically IE 9 is the browser i need it to work in. While in IE 9 the button rewinds the slide a seeming random amount but it's always way more then 5 sec. Does anyone have an idea how to make IE 9 rewind a slide for 5 sec?

Thanks in Advance

Geoff

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoff,

Captivate doesn't recognize negative numbers at all. That means that your negative number '-75' will simply be replaced by zero and that is certainly not what you want. You can subtract a number from a positive number but you each negative result will be replaced by 0. I suspect that kind of rewinding could be done with JS but not with advanced actions. In this blog post I tried to explain the limited possibilities of navigation between frames:

Micro-Navigation in Adobe Captivate - Captivate blog 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thanks for the response I must of been completely out it last night when I wrote this, left out the second half of my expression. CPcmndGotoFrameandResume = cpInfoCurrentFrame - 75. I understand that this doesn't change your response and I think you are correct that advance actions won't get the job done unfortunately my experience with JavaScript is limited can you or anyone else recommend a good online resource for JS.

Thanks again,

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you did get into  a sort of loop I'm afraid, and CP couldn't catch up which explains why you have unpredictable results.

Have a look at Jim Leichliter's website, he has a video course for JS in Captivate: CaptivateDev.com - eLearning Development with Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources