1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 8:34 AM by m_vargas

How do I download flashplayer when message just before finish, says newer version already downloaded, which isn't true?

dalep59386386

I am using Windows 7, Internet Explorer 11,on a Compaq CQ5210F PC. I am trying to download Adobe Flashplayer. When the download process gets to the point where you are supposed to click the Finish button, a message appears underneath the download progress bar, that says, "Newer version already downloaded", which is false. I hit Finish button anyway, and I am shunted to another screen for problem solving, which does not work. Any ideas, suggestions, help from anyone?

• 1. Re: How do I download flashplayer when message just before finish, says newer version already downloaded, which isn't true?
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hello Dale,

Please do the following:

1. Download the uninstaller from this page, Uninstall Flash Player | Windows.
          2. Download the installer(s) corresponding to the browser(s) you use from this page, Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows. They are posted at the bottom of the page in the 'Still having problems section'.
          3. Delete any installers you have previously downloaded.
          4. Run the uninstaller.  After running the installer launch Windows Explorer and navigate to \Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  Ensure the directory only contains the FlashInstall.log file.  If you have a 64-bit OS, please also check \Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory for the same.
          5. If other files exist (e.g FlashUtil..., NPSWF..., Flash...ocx, etc), reboot your machine to remove these files.
          6. Run the installer(s) downloaded from step 2.

If you are still encountering issues after executing these steps, please post a screenshot of the \Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (and \Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash if 64-bit OS) as well as the contents of the FlashInstall.log file (from both directories if applicable).

Thank you.

--

Maria