Please do the following;
- delete any installers you have downloaded (delete them from the trash as well).
- Download the uninstaller from this page, Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS.
- Download the installer from this page, Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac, it's posted at the bottom of the page in the 'Still having problems section.
- After downloading both files, run the uninstaller.
- When complete, restart your system, ensuring your system is not configured to start open programs upon reboot (the box next to the 'Reopen windows when logging back in' in the restart/shutdown dialog window is not selected).
- Once your system restarts, run the installer downloaded in step 3 above.
Too late, I have switched to using HTML5 instead, so much easier and less traumatic.
This is the third time in as many months. Too much for me to keep going through this.
Thank you for your reply, but I am now done with Flash. Good bye Flash.
How can you "switch to HTML5"? It's the websites that decide if they serve their content as Flash content or in HTML5. Very few (like Youtube) give you actually a choice.
If you allow Flash Player to install updates automatically, you won't even notice that it updated. I haven't touched Flash Player since version 16 was released, yet Flash Player is up to date (18.104.22.1685) on all machines under my control.
1. designing my own content - move from using Flash to using HTML5
2. training videos (lynda.com) have an HTML5 option which negates the need for Flash.
If I come across any other websites needing Flash, I just go elsewhere now. Easy.