Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged files not opening correctly from TOC

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We are having issues with one of our merged .chms. It is a small .chm with one topic and 8 merged TOCs. When this .chm file is compiled, the TOC works fine and all the TOC topics open and the topics display correctly in the right-hand frame.
However, when we merge this .chm with our main help, we get the following error message when we click on a TOC entry:
"The window name "Main" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified"

We click OK to continue and the topic opens but in a new window as its own .chm, not in the right-hand frame like it should. And most of the time the new window does not have the correct title, it is picking up the title of TOC below or above it, or the one that was opened previously.
Hope this is making sense, it is hard to explain without images...
I have spent hours trying to figure this one out and was originally getting the same error in the stand alone .chm, but I think (fingers crossed) that I have fixed this. One of the merged TOC projects was corrupting everyhting else, but we have recreated that project from scratch, and now it all works fine.
It is just when the .chm is merged with the main help.
Is it because we have a merged TOC within a merged TOC?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 21, 2007 Feb 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Em0606

Give this a try. For all .CHM files involved, expand the Windows pseudo folder and change the name of the default window by adding the $global_ prefix.

Hope this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2007 Feb 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the suggestion Rick,
Unfortunately I couldn't get that to work either. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp