2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 9:11 AM by A.T. Romano

sign in problems- Please connect to the internet and retry

kravmaguy

I originally installed the premier elements trial on my computer. shortly after a friend of mine purchased premier elements for me I have the codes and everything I verified the product several times and it has been working great as of recently i am getting the error message: Please connect to the internet and retry

Either your computer is offline or the clock on your computer is set incorrectly causing a connection error. an internet connection is required.

Internet is running fine on my computer and the clock was indeed set to the wrong time, i set the correct time it but it is still giving me issues not allowing me to login or use the program

additionally: why do i need to sign in to the internet every time i use the program if i already purchased it? shouldnt i be allowed to use the program even when there is no internet connection available? why is it asking me to sign in every time. what gives?

p.s. i had it installed on two previous computers. One of them i bought wasnt good and i wiped the drive before i returned it to the store.

the other computer is an old computer its still on there but im not using it because its too slow to run it.

• 1. Re: sign in problems- Please connect to the internet and retry
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are only allowed 2 activations, and your last part indicates you have used both... so you need to have Adobe support reset your activation count

Select a topic, then click I STILL NEED HELP to start Premiere Elements Online chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PRE

• 2. Re: sign in problems- Please connect to the internet and retry
            A.T. Romano Level 7

kravmaguy

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running.

Using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit, I ran into the same Internet/Clock message and used the following solution to resolve that specific issue.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

Please determine if it will work for you.

You need an Internet connection for product installation, for some first time/one time feature activation, and use of Online Services offered by the program. Other

than that you should be able to use the program without an Internet connection.

When you have been going to install Premiere Elements on any of your computers, are you getting a "same purchased serial number on more than 2 of your

computers" message? If not, then there should be no involvement needing contacting Adobe about the use of the same purchased activated serial number on more

than 2 of your computers.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Just in case note...deactivation and uninstall are two different things...so Help Menu/Deactivate or Sign Out (depending on your version)

and, if necessary, then uninstall using the usual Control Panel route (if Windows).