8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 11:39 AM by Benjamin Root

PSCC printing a third the size of image

riv61

I'm a PSCC user of 10 yrs., on a MAC with Yosemite.  Everything us up to date, CC Photoshop has been re-installed twice. I've repaired permissions, un-installed and re-installed my printer.  Now for my problem: I'm trying to print images I've printed dozens of times on this printer and PSCC, what is printing is about 1/3 of the size I need.  As I said above, I've tried everything I know to correct this problem and at my wits end.  This problem is happening on all my images, not just this one.  I used the printer just yesterday and it printed fine. I can send a photo of my print dialoge box but not sure how to upload it to the forum?

Here's a screen grab of the print dialog box:

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 1.58.03 PM.png

Thanks in advance,

River

• 1. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image
          riv61 Level 1

Forgot to mention that I have another printer Canon and the .jpg file printed from photoshop prints just fine, it appears to be something specific to the communication between Epson XP-860 and PSCC.  No one can help?

• 2. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image
            riv61 Level 1

So, is there no one at Adobe who can help me with this problem?

• 3. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image
              Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This is actually a user forum where people, like yourself, give their time and help free of charge. Adobe staff does visit occasionally. To contact Adobe directly, you need to start a chat or call their 800 number.

Anyway, have you tried "scale to fit media" or choosing a custom size yourself? Also, try holding the spacebar on your keyboard as you open the print menu. This will get rid of any artificial saved print settings.

Benjamin

• 4. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image
                riv61 Level 1

I did call Adobe, after being on hold for 20 minutes I was told to un-install photoshop and re-install which didn't work.  I also tried Adobe chat, but didn't get a response after 15 min so I quit.  I see that there are Adobe representatives in the list of active members, I just assumed they chimed in. Your solution WORKed!! I cleared the settings in the print dialog as you described and voila! I also checked "scale to media" but I checked that yesterday and got a HUGE print of a 30mm picture.  Whatever settings were in the print dialog box have been cleared.  It makes sense that was the problem as I believe those settings were probably stored in preferences (which I cleared on re-install) or somewhere and just applied to each new install. 

Thank you very very much!

River

• 5. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image

Awesome, glad it worked! I want to give you another reset you can do, which can sometime be of help. When in the print menu, you can press Alt/Opt and the cancel button will turn into a reset. This actually will work with most tools, such as Levels, Photo Filter, etc..

Yes, Adobe staff does chime in every so often. Most of the time you will get one of us volunteers, though.

Glad everything is working!

Benjamin

P.S. Be sure to mark the solving answer (spacebar while opening print menu) correct. This will mark the issue as solved and will help other users find solutions to similar problems.

Edit: I see that you got to it while I was typing

• 6. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image
                    riv61 Level 1

spoke too soon, the problem is back again and the spacebar trick didn't work. I'm so upset, I have a business to run and this problem is causing havoc.

• 7. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image
                      riv61 Level 1

Ok, looks like somehow the scaled print size dialog has gone haywire.  I have to manually enter 100% to get the correct size print, otherwise it will default to a low resolution tiny image.  If I check "scale to fit media" I get a huge rendition.  I've never had this problem, but am very relived that I can fix it.

• 8. Re: PSCC printing a third the size of image

Okay. Did you try the Opt/Alt reset in the print dialog? Try that. If the print reset doesn't work, try a preference reset: Cmd/Ctrl+Opt/Alt+Shift as you initiate Photoshop's startup. Select "yes" when prompted.

Benjamin