6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 4:52 PM by whsprague

Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today

whsprague Level 4

Capture.JPG

There is a webpage that says what's in it.  It is a bit unusual in that it suggests a couple new features.  I've not see mid year additions to Premier Elements since I started using it.  The webpage  (http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/release-note/update.html) suggests the additions are:

Sample text for fonts

When editing titles and text, the Font drop-down list now displays sample text for each font. This means that you can see what a particluar font looks like, before applying it to the text.

Quick access to instant movie and video story creation

You can now choose to create an instant movie or a video story from the Premiere Elements start screen. 

Pan and zoom for images in a video story

If your video story includes image assets, Premiere Elements automatically uses Pan and Zoom for these assets. You can choose to disable Pan and Zoom for all or some of the images in your video story.

Frequently used panel

Premiere Elements now features the Frequently used panel for Transitions, Titles & Text, Effects, and Audio. Use this panel to access the effects that you use most often.

ISO image creation for disc burn failures

When a disc burn operation is unsuccessful due to a hardware failure, Premiere Elements creates and saves an ISO image. You can then burn the ISO image to a disc, at a convenient time.

Bill

• 1. Re: Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today
          matthiass4804684

Great! Now my AVCHD .m2ts files from panasonic HDC-TM900 are played with audio in the Organizer.

• 2. Re: Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today
            whsprague Level 4

matthiass4804684 wrote:

Great! Now my AVCHD .m2ts files from panasonic HDC-TM900 are played with audio in the Organizer.

That's good! 

• 3. Re: Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today
              A.T. Romano Level 7

matthiass

Please confirm that the file extension for your AVCHD file coming directly from your Panasonic camera uses m2ts as written or .mts or .mp4.

Also, did your camera recording settings include audio with Dolby Digital or AAC?

I am working on getting playback of MPEG2.mpg  in the Elements Organizer 13.1, and your information would prove supplemental in evaluating current

problems of users with audio playback issues in Elements Organizer 13 vs 13.1.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today
                matthiass4804684 Level 1

The AVCHD file that comes from the Panasonic TM900 is .mts. Panasonic recommends to use the enclosed tool "Panasonic HD Writer" for copying to PC, which writes a .m2ts file.

My tools say the .mts/.m2ts files are 5.1 Dolby Digital, A/52 (AC3) .

Screenshot VLC Media Player:

Panasonic_AVCHD_Details_VLCPlayer.png

Screenshot Cyberlink PowerDVD:

Panasonic_AVCHD_Details_PowerDVD_m2ts.png

• 5. Re: Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

matthiass

Great information.

Originally you wrote

Now my AVCHD .m2ts files from panasonic HDC-TM900 are played with audio in the Organizer.

Did you ever take the .mts version of the file into Elements Organizer 13.1 and Premiere Elements 13.1 for playback?

Your follow up has been much appreciated.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premier Elements is updated to 13.1 Today
                    whsprague Level 4

matthiass4804684 wrote:

The AVCHD file that comes from the Panasonic TM900 is .mts. Panasonic recommends to use the enclosed tool "Panasonic HD Writer" for copying to PC, which writes a .m2ts file.

I have the same camera except for a model number change so that it could be kitted with a 3D lens.  I used HD Writer a lot at first as a preliminary step to using Premier Elements, then in Version 9.  Version 9 didn't like 1920x1080p60 files much, so HDWriter helped with some "work arounds". 

The m2ts files and the mts files are exactly the same except for the file extension.  You can change it manually back and forth if you want.  HDWriter imports some small companion files created in the camera with matching primary names to the M2ts.  HDWriter uses the set of matched files to do some unique editing tricks.  It uses the m2ts as a signal to suggest the companion files are there. Among other things it can trim, split and join clips losslessly, or without "rendering".  It can put clips back on the camera so that the camera can be used as a media player with the included remote.  It can join the pieces made on the SD card caused by the file size limits.  It has to have all four files in the set to do those things.  HDWriter is terrible at everything else from color correction and transitions to titles.   Unless you need the few unique features of HDWriter it wastes time and disk space.  Use of any other software to move mts files to your computer, especially if you use a program like Premier Elements for your video editing.  The little accessory files are useless to everything other than HD Writer. 

There is no reason you should expect mts or mt2s files to behave differently in Organizer.