12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 9:17 PM by ssprengel

picture package to jpg

audreym60266823

I try to create a picture package with different image size. (8x10 1 - 2 5x7- 3,5x5 2 - 4 2,5x3,5). I adjust the position of my image so that it does not cut. And I print JPG. The 8x10 is ok, but the 5x7 does not retain the position of the image, the head is cut. What do you do?

I restart the software.

I restart the computer.

I reset the RAM.

I try another catalog lightroom nothing to do.

And it has already conctionner with the same software.

I use Lightroom 5 on mac 10,9

My LR is up to date

Help me please !!

• 1. Re: picture package to jpg
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you upload a screen-capture of what you’re seeing?  You’ll need to use the forum website to attach images, not via e-mail.

• 2. Re: picture package to jpg
            audreym60266823 Level 1

Capture d’écran 2015-02-06 à 10.40.04.pngthe first screenshot is my previews in lightroom and the second is the final report after printing in jpg.Capture d’écran 2015-02-06 à 10.42.37.png

• 3. Re: picture package to jpg
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Could this be a paper size mismatch problem? Even though you are printing to a JPEG, the paper size needs to be right.

• 4. Re: picture package to jpg
                audreym60266823 Level 1

No it can not be a paper problem since they are all the same 8x10 format. I make a set of three page.Capture d’écran 2015-02-06 à 11.16.00.png

• 5. Re: picture package to jpg
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

5 x 7 and 8 x 10 are different aspect ratios. I didn't fiddle around with your little ones. Is this a problem with differing aspect ratios?

• 6. Re: picture package to jpg
                    audreym60266823 Level 1

I know a 5x7 and 8x10 is not the same ratio. But normally (I've already done earlier stages without problems) I drag my picture on the first page 8x10 and the other adjusts automatically. Normally the final result is the same as the preview in lightroom, but not now and I do not understand why.

And grieve if my English is not great. I use google translation.

• 7. Re: picture package to jpg
                      NicHamilton Level 3

I think Jim is right.  the ratios of your photos in those last three examples are different.

the first shot is an 8x10..ratio = 0.8.

The next one is 2  5x7s: ratio = 0.71

The third one is 2 3.5x5s ratio = 0.7 and 4 2.5x3.5s ratio=0.71.

Thus they will look different and will lose some of the shot from either the top and/or bottom.

• 8. Re: picture package to jpg

The symptom of the issue seems to be that the sideways images, the 2 5x7s and the 4 2.5x3.5s, are shifted left, so there's less head and more leg in the output test01-2.jpg than in the LR preview.

What is the original aspect ratio of the image being printed?

What happens if you center the 2 5x7s within the 8x10 layout, so 1/2 inch at the left and 1/2 inch at the right, instead of nothing at the left and 1 inch at the right?

What precise version of LR are you running--don't just say the latest LR 5?  Use the Help / About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom x.x.x.x menu item to determine the version.

• 9. Re: picture package to jpg
                          audreym60266823 Level 1

The ratio of the photo is the original use ratio is 4x6. I did the test position the 5x7 in the center of the page or to the far right, but I get the same result.
                          I have versoin LR 5.7

• 10. Re: picture package to jpg
                            elie-d Level 4

Don't leave it to the Print module to crop to the proper aspect ratio and to position the crop the way you want. Be sure it is right by doing it in the Develop module first. Make two Virtual Copies and crop one to 8:10 and the other to 5:7, then in Print drag the VCs into the proper spots on the layout.

• 11. Re: picture package to jpg
                              audreym60266823 Level 1

I really feel misunderstood. I have done earlier stages, so logically it should work again! I have over 100 photos that I have to prepare the sets, the print module should normally make me save time and not make me waste time. The sets that are from the same photo and not from different photo (copy, framed the respective format).

Normally I position the first and the others follow. And the result should be the same as the preview lightroom. There is only the 5x7 format that does not give a good result. Instead of cutting down and up equally, it cuts the top. I have done several times without problem. A few things wrong with this version.

• 12. Re: picture package to jpg

The concern is that the Print Preview should match the printed output, and it does not.  There may be workarounds like cropping VCs but that would just mask the problem.

For the record, I tried to duplicate the problem and couldn't.  I created a custom picture package with an 8.5x11 page with one 8x10 and a second 8.5x11 page with two 5x7s.  I used one photo with the subject centered both horizontally and vertically in the original 2x3 aspect ratio photo and drug it to each of the three photo cutouts.  The LR print preview and the laser printer pages both showed the same centered subject on both the 8x10 and 5x7 layouts.