2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 9:26 AM by Rstreet

Dropdown Help

Rstreet

Hello -
      First let me start by saying that I am a novice at Java scripting! Lol...I am leaning enough to be dangerous!

So I am attempting to have a text field (address) populate from a selection on a drop down box (LocationName). Everything works, however, the export values seem to be off.

When a selection is made from the drop down, the export value that populates in the text field is off by one.

I have a drop down box (LocationName). I list the drop down Items (Options tab) with an Export Value (the addresses). I also have a text box (Address)
      that I am attempting to have populate with the export value from the dropdown selection.

I have a document level script that is called from a custom keystroke script.

Document Level Script:

function SetFieldValues()
      {this.getField("Address").value = getField("Location").value}

Custom Keystroke Script:
      SetFieldValues()

As I stated above, this seems to work ok, but the export values are off.

Example:

Selection_A from the dropdown box has an export value of 1234
      Selection_B from the dropdown box has an export value of 2468

When Selection_A is selected from the dropdown, my text box (address) is populated with Selection_B's export value? Lol...any ideas as to how this might be happening?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thank in advance.

• 1. Re: Dropdown Help
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Replace getField("Location").value with event.value ...

• 2. Re: Dropdown Help
            Rstreet Level 1

Thanks try67 for your assistance. I still cant seem to get this to work properly I am sure I am doing this wrong somewhere, but I replaced the getField("Location").value with event.value as suggested but now it produces the same results as Selection_A.

Meaning, it is not actually populating with the export value, but rather the Item value?

This is what I did...

function SetFieldValues()

{this.getField ("Address").value = event.value}

Is that what you meant?