9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 1:29 AM by Woodacus

Actions are being applied to the incorrect image, i.e. not the image highlighted in both grid and filmstrip

Woodacus

In this version and previous versions of Lightroom 5 I am having problems with actions being applied to the wrong image, i.e. an action is applied to a different image to the one highlighted in BOTH the grid and the filmstrip.

It's a bit similar to the Publish module bug, but here I have definitely made sure that the SAME photo is selected in the grid and film strip. Indeed I have attached example jpgs showing a photo correctly selected in both grid and filmstrip (image selected in the top left) and a 'flip horizontal' action getting applied to a different photo (two images to the right of selected image)

It is not clear what creates the problem but seems related to editing photos when using library filters e.g. a text filter on a keyword -- this seems to be the situation in the example cited above. It also seems to occur when using smart collections and publish services.

Restarting Lightroom seems to fix the issue until it happens again when I then have to restart.

Obviously this is quite frustrating/dangerous bug.

If anyone has experienced similar issues or has a solution I would love to hear from you.

I've also posted a similar query in the Photoshop Family Bugs and Features forum but as yet have had no reply.

Thanks,

M.

##

Some details regarding my system follow which may or may not be relevant:

Lightroom version: 5.7.1

License type: Perpetual

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Installed Plugins:

1) 500px