• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uploading template from trial site to a paid site?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys thought i'd ask first to see if there is an easy way of uploading files from a trail site to a paid site before doing it all manually.

I got a site paid and running very nicely but at the time of making there were no responsible templates and so the site at the moment isnt the best for mobiles.

Im now working on a new template based on the free ones bc have available. I have been working on this as a trial site as I didnt want to have the paid site down for any length of time.

My question is when Im finished and happy with my new template is there an easy way to upload the files from this trail site to my paid site?

Dreamweaver was one idea but I have cs6 and it doesnt like connecting to bc at the moment.

Other wise I can start to copy and paste every file I need into my paid site but this will take an age.

Any ideas or solutions I havent thought of would be great.

Dave

TOPICS
Content management and modules , eCommerce , Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Hi

You can always use Filezilla for quick and easy FTP access.

Kind Regards,

Alex Pavelescu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can always use Filezilla for quick and easy FTP access.

Kind Regards,

Alex Pavelescu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply I found this page on help and support and it include filezilla as an option Business Catalyst Help | Connect to your site using SFTP

Ive downloaded SmartFTP client for now but seems to be a trail verison only for 30 days. Is fillezilla free to use all the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Filezilla should be free all the time. Pretty easy to use also.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines