2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 8:33 AM by A.T. Romano

how do I edit out my voice on the video?

stevew90387080

How do I edit out my voice on the video?

• 1. Re: how do I edit out my voice on the video?
          whsprague Level 4

Is your voice the only thing in the audio track?

• 2. Re: how do I edit out my voice on the video?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

stevew

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running. Lots to read below...bottom line,

please give more details. See if any of the following relates to your situation. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification

if needed.

Depending on how you interpret your reference to "edit out voice on a video".....

When you import a file which includes video and audio, it imports with the video and audio linked. Each on separate track.

You can unlink the audio from the video

a. right click the Timeline file, select Clip Menu/Unlink Audio and Video. Then you take out the whole audio.

b. Alt click the Timeline file. Then you take out the whole audio.

Or you can get rid of the whole audio component by right clicking the Timeline file and selecting Delete Audio.

There are other ways to separate the audio from the video...if you want to export a video file and an audio file from the

Timeline, you might look for export with Advanced Settings for Multiplexing and set for none. That way you get your

Timeline content exported with a video file and an audio file....and so on.

The audio component could have been created with many audio steams (including your voice). But, when it

comes into Premiere Elements the audio comes in as a composite of those streams. In Premiere Elements I see

no way to separate these streams to edit out selectively the voice stream.

We will be looking forward to your reply with more details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR