2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 9:03 AM by A.T. Romano

getting error no disk on dell pre installed premiere elements 13:  there is no disk in drive. please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk2\DR2  : can i fix this^

m-aq26245347

like the title says...

cannot get service or support on phone...  I paid for this software... i though adobe was a good company....  darn

Can anyone help me...

Need this to work now  not in a week...

• 1. Re: getting error no disk on dell pre installed premiere elements 13:  there is no disk in drive. please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk2\DR2  : can i fix this^
          whsprague Level 4

Sorry you think Adobe is a bad company.  Phone service for most common consumer software disappeared shortly after they invented the internet.  This is a user forum where there are people that like Adobe products well enough that they freely share their experiences.

If you type "insert disk" in the "Ask it" box you will get answers that suggest there is an anomaly on some computers where you need to remove a file.  Below is a cut and paste from one of those threads that was offered by Adobe Staff.

".... try removing the Old Film effect from the installed location of Premiere Elements 13 and then try to launch the app? The exact file to be removed is (assuming you have installed it in the default location)

Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-Ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX"

The other solution might be to get the update that was released only yesterday via download from Adobe.   Premier Elements 13 is now 13.1.

Good luck!

Bill

• 2. Re: getting error no disk on dell pre installed premiere elements 13:  there is no disk in drive. please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk2\DR2  : can i fix this^
            A.T. Romano Level 7

m-aq

If your program is Premiere Elements 13 and you are getting a No Disc error, it is with 99.9999% certainty that your solution is to delete or disable the OldFilms.AEX

file in the path

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-Ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX

(path given previously)

You can delete that file or disable it by renaming the file from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

This No Disk error and this particular file seem to track the problem specifically in Premiere Elements 13.

In Premiere Elements 11, the No Disk error is associated almost exclusively with the Smart Sound feature.

Now enter all that, Adobe release's of the 13.1 Update. Whether or not 13.1 Update will decrease or eliminate this problem is unknown at this time.

I have not been able to produce this error in my Premiere Elements 13 so I have no opportunity to compare 13 and 13.1 in this regard. Consequently

it would be very helpful if, before deleting or disabling the OLDFilm.AEX, you look at this issue in 13.1 version.

Thank you.

ATR