3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 6:40 PM by Rick Gerard

Number of frames change between AE and AME?

ladri-bici Level 1

This may be something I'm overlooking, but I can't figure it out. I have a simple AE project, comp set to 25fps. The only footage in the project was shot at 25ps. The main comp's work area is set to 00:21:19 long.

If I render the comp in AE, it shows the work area correctly at :21:19, and a duration of :21:20. But in AME, it shows the work area at :21:23. Why? AME is picking up the correct frame rate of 25 in settings.

This video will loop, and it seems to be causing the loop to be off.

Any thoughts?

I'm running the latest versions of CC 2014.

• 1. Re: Number of frames change between AE and AME?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you're just not understanding counting frames. Frame represents time the AE comp started from zero and runs until he end time of the last frame. If you're loop has a hitch and it and of the first and last keyframes car identical then you need to move the CTI to the last keyframe, back up one frame, set the outpoint of your work area to that frame, then trim your comp to the work area. The only problem is you rendered one too many frames so the first frame and the last frame or repeated when you loop.

• 2. Re: Number of frames change between AE and AME?
            ladri-bici Level 1

Thanks. This may be it, but it is confusing that AE and and AME are saying my work area is different lengths. The comp ends at a certain time, an AE render confirms this, but AME says the work area is longer.

• 3. Re: Number of frames change between AE and AME?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

They are actually the same. If you make a comp that is 30 frames long the CTI will be at frame 29 when you go to the end of the timeline The CTI will be at frame 29 because frame 29 will stop playing when it gets to the start of frame 30. The comp time will match the video time in AME EXACTLY. The only way there will be different frame numbers in the timecode is when the project setting in AE is non-drop frame and you are using drop frame timecode in the video.  The important thing to know about timecode is that no frames are dropped or missing, the frame numbers after the seconds display occasionally skip a digit do the displayed timecode matches the clock on the wall.