1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 3:16 PM by positiveguy1960

Photos only visible in Develop mode after move from another computer

positiveguy1960

I just moved my LR install from an old iMac to a new iMac and the photos only seem to be visible when I am in the Develop mode.  Otherwise I can see the directory structure and the photos are grayed out and not visible. Any ideas how to fix this so I can see the photos again in the Library mode?  I have version 5.7 of LR and I still have all the original files on the old computer if needed.  I just found out the photos are visible in the Develop mode just now. Help!...

Thanks!

Chet

• 1. Re: Photos only visible in Develop mode after move from another computer
          positiveguy1960 Level 1

Problem solved no help or response from the adobe "communities". I did some google searches and figured out it was a permissions issue on one of the files that migrated over from the old computer. I fixed that with the help of google.

I also took note that unless you have Lightroom Live and are paying the monthly fee to Adobe they won't even help you on the chat support for a tech support question despite their promise that every customer interface with adobe would be helpful and easy. I'm doubting that a bit or make it a lot. I did email a complaint to Adobe about that. I was even willing to pay for one time help from them but even that wasn't an option if you have a "perpetual" license and not their month to month license. (Which I say no thanks to.)