3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2007 6:55 PM by jpwrunyan

Anyone from Adobe actually moderate?

Chris River Level 1
      Because I haven't seen much evidence of that.

Kudos to all the users who take time to answer the questions they can, but as far as Adobe support this forum really sucks. What has it been now, a week since an Adobe rep has been here? That's weak.
        • 2. Re: Anyone from Adobe actually moderate?
          JabbyPandaUA Level 3
          Forums are free, if you want to get a commercial support from Adobe, purchase a support plan (Bronze, Silver, Gold) from them.

Sometimes Adobe employees are visible inside forums area, although much more of them are present at mailing lists: Flashcoders, Flexcoders, Flexcomponents.
          • 3. Anyone from Adobe actually moderate?
            jpwrunyan Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: JabbyPandaUA
            Forums are free, if you want to get a commercial support from Adobe, purchase a support plan (Bronze, Silver, Gold) from them.

That is very difficult when you are merely a programmer on a project and don't have the authority to simply purchase the support plan. What then? Should the programmer pay out of his personal wallet?

If Adobe showed more interest in their forums and helping to address many of their own bugs on a public scale, then the overall quality of programmers in the field would improve and the demand for their (extremely costly) product might also increase. When the talent base sucks because no one is learning how to work around (understandably unavoidable) bugs in the Flex framework, how is a system engineer going to be able to tell a customer to go with Flex as opposed to sticking with Java/JSP, Ajax, DHTML, and the albeit less "pretty" RIA alternatives?

Sometimes I wonder if Adobe even has the programming expertise in their own company to address some of the problems that come up in the forums. I have found bugs that shouldn't have gotten past initial testing (and certainly didn't get past initial testing on my projects).

Should anyone wish, I will provide references. But if you simply look at many of the messages posted, it shouldn't be necessary.