2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2015 3:11 PM by JPdeJ

LR5 & Printing & Smart collections

JPdeJ Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to get printed photos into a Smart Collection easily?

At the time I printed the photos, it did not occur to me I would want to reprint them with the same settings.

It would be nice if there was a virtual printing copy for each photo "as printed" in some Smart Collection system.

(The latter can become a bit more complex if we include different printers, papers and crops related to image size as printed to paper, but that is why we have computers. Right?)

KR
      Peter

• 1. Re: LR5 & Printing & Smart collections
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't believe there is a way to create a smart collection. But in the print module it's possible to create a saved print. I have created a collection in the print module called Prints. Within that collection I have several subfolders for different projects or different types of prints. The saved print will have all of the printer settings and Lightroom settings saved with it so that it is easy to reprint when wanted.

The Prints collection can be viewed even in the library module. As far as I know, there is not a way to create a smart collection of saved prints.

• 2. Re: LR5 & Printing & Smart collections
            JPdeJ Level 1

Jim,

Thank you sincerely for your swift reply.

I'll follow your example.

(And have to redo some earlier work I did not think through well enough.)

Peter