Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating AIR 17.0 Problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Because of the issue here, I needed to update my AIR SDK to 17.0 . But updating rendered my Flash Builder to not open or act weirdly, let me explain:

When I downloaded AIR SDK for Flex Developers from Download Adobe AIR 17 Beta - Adobe Labs, and extracted the files at FlashBuilder/eclipse/pluging/...compiler.../AIRSDK, FlashBuilder was behaving weirdly as such:

Ekran Resmi 2015-02-07 11.30.24.png

I guess it is due that these files doesn't include compiler, so I decided to download AIR SDK 17 & Compiler Beta, and copied the files to same directory (FlashBuilder/eclipse/pluging/...compiler.../AIRSDK). This time when I open FlashBuilder it showed this warning at start:

Ekran Resmi 2015-02-07 11.36.09.png

And when I tried to debug my application it doesn't show my application file at "Debug configurations...", and I was not able to "Set as Default Application" my AS file since it was disabled:

Ekran Resmi 2015-02-07 11.38.43.png

Also when I made any changes on my files and saved them, triggering project build, it showed this error:

Ekran Resmi 2015-02-07 11.41.28.png

And I decided to take the first warning seriously; I restarted FlashBuilder to see if the problem persists, this time FlashBuilder didn't even start. It showed splash screen, "Loading workbench" etc and silently closed. I repeated few times and it didn't change. When I restarted my computer it was opening once, behaving as described above and then when I restart doesn't open.

I also downloaded and installed AIR 17.0 end user application to my computer and repeated all steps but it didn't work. Also I tried overwriting AIR SDK for Flex Developers files on my previous AIR SDK 16.0 which was working, but FlashBuilder didn't open at all.

I would like to add that project was compiling and working normally before the update on FlashBuilder. Version of FlashBuilder is 4.7. I am a novice Mac OS user I may be skipping a very basic os-specific step.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Ok it seems I was trapped by double trouble. First was that I used AIR SDK for Flex Developers, which doesn't include a compiler. So I was convinced that problem is about updating AIR SDK. But using AIR SDK 17 & Compiler Beta was actually solving this problem.

I was still not able to work on my project since I had another problem which I was blind to see: corrupted .actionScriptProperties file. It got corrupted with the last git merge I did, and it was not able to solve this problem from FlashBui

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok it seems I was trapped by double trouble. First was that I used AIR SDK for Flex Developers, which doesn't include a compiler. So I was convinced that problem is about updating AIR SDK. But using AIR SDK 17 & Compiler Beta was actually solving this problem.

I was still not able to work on my project since I had another problem which I was blind to see: corrupted .actionScriptProperties file. It got corrupted with the last git merge I did, and it was not able to solve this problem from FlashBuilder since it was not letting me go into Project>Properties>.. Build Path, saying that it is corrupted.

Finally I reverted to my last commit and I was able to reach properties. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines