4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2015 11:28 AM by Jeffrey54 Lane

Forwarding an image

Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi I'm in the process of building a new web site and it's got a lot of carpet samples on it, I know I need to have a page for each range which will be about 150 pages, but when some one clicks on an individual sample and it go's to the area where it make the quantity calculation and shows a larger image,  I would like it to just pop into a preset set page and bring the unit price with it, this is the bit I'm struggling with.

Can someone let me know how this is done please.

Thanks Jeff

• 1. Re: Forwarding an image
          osgood_ Level 8

Jeffrey54 Lane wrote:

Hi I'm in the process of building a new web site and it's got a lot of carpet samples on it, I know I need to have a page for each range which will be about 150 pages, but when some one clicks on an individual sample and it go's to the area where it make the quantity calculation and shows a larger image,  I would like it to just pop into a preset set page and bring the unit price with it, this is the bit I'm struggling with.

Can someone let me know how this is done please.

Thanks Jeff

Sounds as though you should be putting all the informaton about each carpet into a database and then callng the information for each carpet onto a 'Master Details' page when a particular carpet is clicked on the 'carpet listings' page.

Are you familar with setting up databases and using php/msqli?

• 2. Re: Forwarding an image
            Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Osgood thanks for your reply.

That’s  what I think I need, I have built two site using php but not with a data base and defiantly not msqli. Is there a quick way of picking this up.

Regards Jeff

• 3. Re: Forwarding an image
              osgood_ Level 8

Jeffrey54 Lane wrote:

Hi Osgood thanks for your reply.

That’s  what I think I need, I have built two site using php but not with a data base and defiantly not msqli. Is there a quick way of picking this up.

Regards Jeff

Initially you really need to set up a 'local server' environment to work in on your computer using one of the free downloads available. I'm on a Mac so I use MAMP. I don't know if they have a version for PC but you can use XAMPP if not, that runs on a PC.

Google for the download page/s.

Included in the download package is a program called phpMyAdmin - this is a graphical interface which you will use to create a database to store your information.

Now, before you go too far I would advise going through this simple, short 9 part series. That will get you knowledgable in connecting to the database, adding, updating and deleting records and retrieving records based on specfic critera.

PHP and MySQL with MySQLi: Introduction (Part 1/9) - YouTube

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Forwarding an image
                Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

I’ve already got that set up so that’s an helpJ