1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2015 9:05 AM by A.T. Romano

File Format / Codec Problem

larryl44361800

I have Premiere Elements 9 installed and when I try to get media from AVI files for video taken with my sealife 1400DC, I get an error message that complains about the file being the wrong format or codec not being installed, is there a fix for this error?  the file will play on windows media player..

• 1. Re: File Format / Codec Problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

larryl

From what I have read of your camera's specifications, the video is recorded with MotionJPEG video compression which can be a problem for Premiere Elements (any version). File extension is .avi.

It is a toss up whether the codec is not installed or whether Premiere Elements is not recognizing it.

The classical remedies are

1. Look for a utility that came with your camera, and install it to supply the needed codec

2. Convert the video to another format

3. Download and install a MotionJPEG codec from Online (not free)...for informational purposes only, the Morgan MotionJPEG video codec has been

used successful by those who explored this possibility. Definitely go the codec tryout route which Morgan does offer

http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/morgan/php/products.php?sProductId=4&sProductSub=download s

And, if it works for you, then decide if it is worth the investment as a purchase.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR