10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 9:46 AM by A.T. Romano

ele

giftsol@hotmail.com

We’ve encountered the following issues

Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.

Link

Get Adobe Support Advisor

The Adobe Support Advisor has been discontinued

The Adobe Support Advisor tool was used to analyze installer log and system information associated with installation errors. The tool has been replaced with improved installation support mechanisms. Please visit Adobe Support section for Knowledge base articles around Installation.

Visit Adobe Support section

Can someone help?

• 1. Re: ele
          A.T. Romano Level 7

giftsol

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved?

Once we know that information we will have a starting point to begin the drill like questions.

Troubleshoot installation | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Windows

and then customize the troubleshooting to your specific Premiere Elements and computer environment.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: ele
            giftsol@hotmail.com Level 1

windows 8

64bit

I have talked with 3 different customers servicer people on chat and nothing is working

Heather

• 3. Re: ele
              A.T. Romano Level 7

giftsol

Please tell me what version of Premiere Elements you are trying to install, and I will work with you to customize

the discussion to get your program installed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: ele

Premiere Elements 13

Thanks I have been working all day on it.

Used tried re installing again and same this my zip is not opening it

please getting upset !!!

thanks

Heather

• 5. Re: ele
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

giftsol

Thanks for the version information - Premiere Elements 13. Unless you indicate otherwise, I will assume that you are

using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. Premiere Elements 13 will not install on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or OSX 10.7.

Whatever you do in this download and install, please disable the antivirus and firewall(s) first.

1. I am assuming that your Premiere Elements 13 is from purchased download from Adobe.

If so, I believe that you should be getting two files, exe (the Adobe Application Manager or Akamai) and the .7z (the program itself)

Did you download the two files that are specific for your computer operating system? You need to work with the .exe file before

the 7z and follow the instructions from there.

If it gets to it, you can download tryout files from the following web site, insert your purchased serial number into them

during installation, and make that setup your working setup

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

Read and carryout carefully that web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid an Access Denied message.

Please let me know if you have been through any or all of the above with Adobe already.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 6. Re: ele

Ok I did everything it is looking for Adobe Support Advisor

• 7. Re: ele

Even with the tryout

• 8. Re: ele
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Heather

Can you click cancel when you get the message which points you to a discontinued Adobe Support Adviser?

If so, let us go through the following as we start from the beginning....

1.Is Premiere Elements 13 the version that you are trying to install on Windows 8 64 bit?

a. Are you running the computer as Administrator? Are you an individual user or on a company

or school network? For now, assuming individual user.

b. Is the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

c. Do you have installed a pen and tablet device. If so, disable it.

d. Did you go through all the troubleshooting in the Adobe Installation Troubleshooting document that I cited earlier?

e. What video card/graphic card does your computer use and is its driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Please confirm video card/graphics card information under Device Manager/Display Adapters.

2. Are you starting with installation files purchased from Adobe web site? And, do you have two files

to work with for the installation - exe which is the Adobe Application Manager or Akamai and the 7z which is the

program itself? Do you click on the .exe first and then follow the instructions which will then automatically

involve the 7z?

How was it left with Adobe Chat? Did they explore you computer using remote control over your computer troubleshooting?

Did Chat focus on the video card/graphics card aspect of this issue?

Do not give up.

ATR

• 9. Re: ele

I did it ! I downloaded Adobe Application Manager 8.0 and PremiereElements_13_Trial_LS26_win64 and it worked.

• 10. Re: ele
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Heather

I knew you could do it. Great job of follow through to gain your success.

Please let us know if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements 13 workflows.

Best wishes

ATR