3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2015 9:54 AM by ssprengel

Can no longer import.

little ceaser

I have already imported about 4000 photos into lightroom and suddenly lightroom tells me it can't read the files, I am not doing anything different so have I clicked something inadvertently and has this happened to you? HELP

• 1. Re: Can no longer import.
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That message usually indicates that you don't have write permissions for the destination folder. Check your permissions for the hard drive and the folder to make sure they are set to allow you to both read and write.

• 2. Re: Can no longer import.
            little ceaser Level 1

Thanks Jim,  I don't recall anything about permissions on my previous imports.  Can you tell me where permissions are please?

• 3. Re: Can no longer import.
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check the destination folder specified at the right of the Import panel.  his has either changed to something LR cannot write to—usually this is the problem, or the permissions on it have changed to due to an OS update or being logged in as a different user or something. 

Changing permissions are an OS-level function not something Adobe software, so do a Google search for “change permissions” and then specify your operating system in the google query, like “Windows 8” or “OS X 10.10” or whatever and I’m sure you’ll find instructions.