3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2015 12:48 PM by A.T. Romano

PE13 where is the music panel

Owl Boy

I cannot find the music panel in PE13 64 bit. That term is specifically used in the manual. I have an Audio dialog box, but no Music Panel. I wanted to try SmartSounds, but I can't get at them because I can't find the Music Panel. The manual tells me that I can open the Music Panel from the action bar, but there is no Music Panel option in the action bar  drop-down.

• 1. Re: PE13 where is the music panel
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Owl Boy

There is no SmartSounds in Premiere Elements 12 or 13. There is Music Score which is like SmartSound in concept, but is not SmartSound.

In Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace, look under the Audio Tab.

audiotab.jpg

What you see above is a screenshot of Premiere Elements 13.1 which shows 3 choices instead of 2 under Audio Tab.

The new choice is Frequently Used.

Adobe updated 13 to 13.1 recently. You do the update from an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information. Any questions or need clarification, please do not

hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...how long ago did you install the program...there is a marked delay between the end of product install/activation

and the appearance of content under the Expert workspace Audio Tab. Answer is to wait...the content will show up

eventually automatically.

• 2. Re: PE13 where is the music panel
            Owl Boy Level 1

I just installed PE13 yesterday and did the update an hour or so ago. I can see the audio tab as shown in your screenshot, but the mention of the music panel in the manual confused me. As long as I know it does not exist, I'm okay.

Thanks for the quick reply.

BTW I am impressed by how quickly I render now in 64 bit as compared to my old PE9 32. About 10X quicker, I would estimate. I should have upgraded sooner.

• 3. Re: PE13 where is the music panel
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Owl Boy

Thanks for the great news that everything is progressing well with your Premiere Elements 13. Great job in transitioning between 9 and 13.

There is a marked difference in the workspaces of 9 and 13, so do not hesitate to ask about feature locations between the two.

Best wishes.

ATR