21 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 9:04 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't upload to YouTube

Fidelity0191

I have tried over the past few days to upload my newly edited video (59 minutes long) to my computer. I waited over 7 hours for it to finally render and upload only to fine it had uploaded music file, separate file for an introduction text file and another file I was not able to open. I am desperate.

I have tried to upload direct to You tube and get an error message to say file to big to upload. This cannot be right as I have permission to upload large files to you tube.

I am thoroughly stuck and do not know how to move forward as I have a video tutorial I need to upload and no way to get it from elements premiere 11 to either my computer or youtube.

Please help if you can.

Many Many thanks. PS I am not hugely great with IT so any complicated IT Jargon  I struggle with .

Message was edited by: Kevin Monahan

Needed a better title.

• 1. Re: Please Help
          shooternz Level 6

Use a H264 Youtube Preset.

What did you export as before?

• 2. Re: Please Help
            Fidelity0191 Level 1

Below is screen shot of the initial screen (see second screen shot below)and I have chosen the pal preset as the video is 1920 - 1080 in size so I thought this would be the one to choose.

I have never been able to upload to youtube - I never get past the first request see below the response I get. I am wondering if I have set up wrong.

• 3. Re: Please Help
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Fidelity,

Moving this post to the Premiere Elements forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 4. Re: Please Help
                Fidelity0191 Level 1

Thank you, do you have the link to the forum?

• 5. Re: Please Help

Hi,

Here you go: Premiere Elements or just click Discussions at the top of this page.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 6. Re: Please Help
                    Fidelity0191 Level 1

Thanks Kevin I found it. I have not had an answer though. I am at my wits end. cannot upload to youTube and struggling with uploading a full video to my computer. Uugh.

• 7. Re: Please Help
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelity

From the screenshot, your Premiere Elements YouTube feature has a limit of 2.0 GB/15 minutes. And, your upload is way over 15 minutes. Even if you have a YouTube extended time account, the Premiere Elements YouTube feature cannot use it and does not use it under any circumstances.

What you do in that case, is to export the Premiere Elements Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive from where you upload that to YouTube at the YouTube web site where you have been given an extended time YouTube account. Otherwise even there the normal limit is 15 minutes.

Are you saying that you created that YouTube extended time account and that YouTube is not recognizing it. If that is the case, this is not a Premiere Elements matter. It is a YouTube matter which only YouTube can address.

Please review and consider and verify what you have done to reach this point.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Please Help

Hi Fidelity,

Sorry you are not getting a fast response. It is the weekend and there is limited support at this time.

cannot upload to youTube and struggling with uploading a full video to my computer. Uugh.

The warning dialog box says that you have exceeded the maximum duration for an export. Looking that warning up on the internet, it is more of a problem with your YouTube account rather than Premiere Elements. For example see this help article from YouTube Help: Upload videos longer than 15 minutes - YouTube Help

Thanks,

Kevin

• 9. Re: Please Help
                          Fidelity0191 Level 1

Thank you I will take a look Kevin. Do you have any help you can offer for the other issue which is when I try to upload to my computer the full video is not uploaded the audio is separate. from the video file

• 10. Re: Please Help
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelity

Reflecting further on your situation...

Please clarity and confirm - Have you ever in this issue exported your Timeline content to a file using

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25

and then

uploaded that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site using your YouTube extended time account?

Your screenshots are only from attempts to use the Premiere Elements 11 YouTube feature unsuccessfully. The failures clearly relate

to the fact that your upload exceeds the 15 minutes duration restriction which cannot be overwritten for the Premiere Elements 11 YouTube feature.

ATR

• 11. Re: Please Help
                              Fidelity0191 Level 1

Hi, I have never been able to upload to YouTube. I have am authorised to upload videos over  15 minutes and have done so. My usual method is to save my video to computer AVCHD and pre set YouTube widescreen HD settings. I then go to YouTube and upload file from my computer.

I am encountering a problem where I have saved the video to computer. but it has not saved in the way it usually does it has saved in separate files audio, introduction edited part of video and another file I have not been able to open. It took 5 hours to save and I was frustrated as I have tried to save 2 days now and the same issue keeps occurring.

• 12. Re: Please Help
                                Fidelity0191 Level 1

Kevin I have 2 issues the inability to upload to you tube and now inability to save my video to my computer so I can then upload to you tube. It would be easier to just upload to you tube I was wondering if I have missed something and not sync you tube with adobe premiere or something..

• 13. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelity

Once you export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive, there is no further contact with the Premiere Elements program.

So, let us look at your export settings. You say that you used Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD.

Did you do any customizing of the preset under the Advanced Button? Whether or not you did, please click on the Advanced Button for the YouTube Widescreen HD

preset. In the Export Settings, click on the Multiplexer Tab. Do the settings look like

Multiplexer.JPG

What are the file names of the three files that you are putting on the computer hard drive when you do this export?

ATR

• 14. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelity

Did you get a chance to look at the Multiplexing setting under the Multiplexer Tab for

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD

and, if you had the Multiplexer set to None instead of MP4, that would account for your two separate exported files - one for video and one for audio, but I have not figured out what the third file could be. That is why I was looking forward to your follow up with information regarding the file names of the 3 files that you report.

ATR.

• 15. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                      Fidelity0191 Level 1

Hi ATR, Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in my reply. It was so late last night, here in the UK and I was not sure I would receive a reply. Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply and try and assist me. I am desperate and do not have a clue......

The 3 files are as follows:

1st file

2656_16408_8426

846.aac

2nd file

2656_16048_8426

846.mv4

3rd file

2656_16048_84264

m4v.tmp.mdo

• 16. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                        Fidelity0191 Level 1

Here is the screen shot of the pre sets and advance settings from premiere elements

• 17. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelty

Thanks for the reply with great information.

The m4v and aac files that you are getting are consistent with the Advanced Button/Multiplexer Tab setting of None for Multiplexing. I have never seen the a m4vtemp.mdo in Premiere Elements. So that is a puzzlement. From what I have read, the .mdo is a backup file. Do you have a program named Alcohol 120% burning software on your computer?

The greater puzzlement is why you are not just getting one file as directed by the Multiplexing setting of MP4 and Stream compatibility setting of Standard.

Under the circumstances, please consider...

a. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs files folder that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can seen the path cited.

b. Do a mini test run, where you take a copy of the project and determine if that will give you one file. If so, then

c. If one file from "b", then do the export of the Filmstrip's content to the file for upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD.

(Double check the Advanced Button/Multiplexer Tab and its settings before saving that file.)

Please consider. We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 18. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                            Fidelity0191 Level 1

Hi ATR, I have tried using a 1 minute clip from my video and both successfully saved to you tube and my computer. 1 Mp4 file only with sync audio and animation, which I am more used to. I am not sure what this means, I am wondering if it is the size of the file as the video is almost 60 minutes long. What are your thoughts.

I have followed your instructions above up to Users and clicked on user. But I do not have 'appdata' so cannot move forward with this. I have taken a screen shot of the above sequence you have given me to follow up to the appdata part. Once again thank you very  much.

PS: Do you have any experience from other on how they overcame the issues with youtube as I do have authorisation to upload large video's! Strange..

• 19. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelity

Thanks for the follow up.

Let us try to factor in or out the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs being our gateway to success.

I suspect that you are missing the step to make sure ahead of time that you have enabled the Folder Option

Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. To to check that Folder Option is

Windows 7 64 bit

• Start
                                              • In Search above Start, type in Folder Options
                                              • Click on Folder Options now displaying at top of left column to bring up Folder Options dialog
                                              • In Folder Options dialog, click on View Tab
                                              • Scroll down to "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" and enable it by placing a dot to the left of the option.

Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit

• Computer keyboard Windows Key+X to bring up list which includes File Explorer
                                              • Click on File Explorer to open it and select its View Tab
                                              • Click on "Options" in View Tab display to bring up Folders Options dialog
                                              • In the Folder Options dialog, click on View Tab
                                              • Scroll down to "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" and enable it by placing a dot to the left of that option.

Since you say that Timeline content seems to be a determining factor, I have doubts about useful of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

deletion in this instance. But this should be quick to rule in or out.

Please remind me what computer operating system (32 bit or 64 bit) on which you are running your Premiere Elements 11....how much

installed RAM and free hard drive space?

Thanks for the follow ups. Answers are there in the details.

ATR...

• 20. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                                Fidelity0191 Level 1

HI atr just popping back over to say thank you very much for all your help, you gave me the best advice and helped me work though my problems. I managed to get my video uploaded and all is fine

• 21. Re: Can't upload to YouTube
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Fidelity

Glad all is working for you and that you have your work on YouTube. Great job of sorting through the troubleshooting details to gain your success.

Your follow up is appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR