8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2015 9:35 AM by A.T. Romano

Horrible AVCHD bug ?

Stoeten

AVCHD audio does not work in ELemts 13 for Win 8.1 (Works in Win 7)

• 1. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Stoeten

What is your file, AVCHD.mts or something else?

Adobe just released the 13.1 Update for Premiere Elements 13 Editor and Elements Organizer 13.

Have you downloaded and installed that update and still have the "AVCHD audio" issue? The 13.1 Update is downloaded

and installed from an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

ATR

• 2. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
            whsprague Level 4

As you're tracking down the audio issues it may be about the capability of 5.1 audio in some AVCHD cameras.  Mediainfo reports "6 channel" audio from one of my cameras and "stereo" or 2 channel from my other cameras.   I know that Lightroom will not play the 5.1 channel audio but has not issue with the 2 channel.   I don't use Organizer at all, so don't know how that operates.  I'm pretty sure Premier Elements will only work with two channels and have no idea where the other channels go. 

• 3. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Stoeten

Add On....A Probable Elements Organizer 13.1 Solution

Just to update you on my confirmation of your issue assuming AVCHD.mts with Dolby Digital  2 channel audio (Stereo) and Elements Organizer 13.

1. When I import that file into Elements Organizer 13 on Windows 7 64 bit, I can play back the file there from the Elements Organizer 13 player. When I do this I see video

and hear the audio. This is with or without the Elements Organizer 13 update to 13.1.

2 The above is not true when I import that file into Elements Organizer 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. With the Elements Organizer 13 player, there is video without audio.

But, with the 13.1 Update installed, the Elements Organizer 13 player now gives me audio to hear and video to see.

So, I am writing to find out if you have downloaded and installed the Premiere Elements/Elements Organizer 13.1 Update and can confirm my results.

The AVCHD.mts files that I have access to all have Dolby Digital 2 channel sound, none with Dolby Digital 5.1.

Often, if not always, the read out for "5.1 channel audio" says 6 channels. "6.0 channels" is apparently what is represented as 5.1 channels. Please refer to the Sony explanation.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39221/~/what-is-the-difference-between-d olby%E2%AE-prologic,-dolby-prologic-ii,-dolby

Are you having any problems with your "AVCHD" file in Premiere Elements 13. I suspect not. But your confirming details will be important.

By the way, you can import video with 5.1 channel audio into Premiere Elements, even export it as 5.1 channel in certain cases. But, in these limited opportunities require use of a project preset which includes 5.1, and file with 5.1 channel will not be Dolby Digital 5.1 channel, instead AAC 5.1 channel or Windows Media Audio 10 Professional 5.1 channel. If you ever need information on that, please see

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p50 or 1080p60 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

and others on the topic at the same site.

Thanks

ATR

• 4. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
                Stoeten Level 1

The 13.1 upgrade improved this issue, but did not solve it completely.

Sound disappers after 30 seconds in the organizer module

BR Ulf

2015-02-08 19:36 GMT+01:00 whsprague <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Horrible AVCHD bug ?  created by whsprague

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/whsprague> in Premiere Elements - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7174813#7174813>

• 5. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Stoeten

Thanks for the update on your Elements Organizer 13/13.1 AVCHD playback issues.

I do not see where you have described the properties of this file with audio play back

in the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Windows 8.1 64 bit.

AVCHD.mts or other

Dolby Digital Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1 Channel or Other

I have Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit and would like to look at this issue closer.

As your time permits, supplying the information pointed to would be appreciated.

I am not Adobe. Just a user in a user to user forum.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
                    Stoeten Level 1

Hello ATR

System :AVCHD.mts, Win 8.1 Premiere Elements 13.1 Organizer part

Symptom : Sound disappears after 30 seconds /// Ulf

2015-02-15 17:53 GMT+01:00 A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Horrible AVCHD bug ?  created by A.T. Romano

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7196411#7196411>

• 7. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
                      whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

I have Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit and would like to look at this issue closer.

As your time permits, supplying the information pointed to would be appreciated.

If you need sample clips, I can send you some from a couple of Panasonic or Sony cameras. 

• 8. Re: Horrible AVCHD bug ?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Stoeten

Thanks.

I will look further at this and report back.

I did look at the AVCHD.mts (Dolby Digital audio) a little when 13.1 came out. Then I found that the sound was fully there from the Elements Organizer 13.1

player whereas there was no sound from the same file if in 13. But, now in 13.1, the video playback did not typically look smooth.

So, when I go back to look at the video situation there, i will take a deeper look at audio duration for the AVCHD.mts as well. I was using short duration clips

in these initial tests.

ATR