2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 1:35 PM by NikonNick

Lightroom exports printing Pixelated

NikonNick

Hi Guys-

I shoot with a Nikon D750 in raw. I have noticed lately that when I print from photos edited in LR and Photoshop the photos come back grainy or pixelated. They are sharp and perfect when in the software. Send them off to the printer and HORRIBLE! Anyone run into this? I am at my wits end trying to figure this out.

• 1. Re: Lightroom exports printing Pixelated
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The issue you’re describing isn’t clear—pixilated can mean various things as can grainy.

Are these issues something you can illustrate with some screenshots and photographs of the prints?

Have you opened or re-imported and looked at what you’ve saved or exported back in PS or LR at 100% zoom?  I mean is the issue already visible in the images you’re sending to print or only when you get the prints back?

The issue could range from bad color profiles to poor sharpening/noise-reduction to over-compressed images.

• 2. Re: Lightroom exports printing Pixelated
            NikonNick Level 1

Here is a screen shot.  Capture.JPG

In LR and photoshop the photos are pristine. We recently had to rebuild our working computer and when we came back we had to upgrade our LR to 5.7.2 and to PS CC. This pixel issue also carries over into Premiere Pro.