3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 9:22 PM by A.T. Romano

Help me export my 1st video project!

sarahm69805254 Level 1

Hello, I just completed my first video project in Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and all that's left to do is to export it. I've tried burning it to a disc, uploading to Vimeo (the Pro), and making it into an adobe flash video file to upload to websites. Nothing has worked. Let me tell you some of the details of the video. It's about 33 minutes long. The film is largely from an older camcorder because it's a compiled film of a deceased loved one. Also, some clips stutter and have jagged lines on some edges. I'd really appreciate some enlightenment on what I can do to successfully export it in a step- by- step explanation (for dummies). Thanks!

• 1. Re: Help me export my 1st video project!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sarahm

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

What happens when the following refuse to give you the export that you designate

Publish+Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video

Publish+Share/Computer/Online/Vimeo

Publish+Share/Disc/ and then what - DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

How far into each do you get and what error messages are you getting for each when the failure occurs?

Up to the point of selecting Publish+Share path, did you have any problems with importing or editing of the content?

What are the properties of the file that you are importing into the project including file extension.

How much of the following information on the video can you give us?

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

What are the project settings being used that are matching the properties of this source file? If you do not know,

then please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out).

under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Seems like a lot of information, but put together can give us the answers to getting your wanted exports.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification. We can go at whatever pace you want.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Help me export my 1st video project!
            sarahm69805254 Level 1

Thank you ATR for your replying to my inquiry.  However, I have figured it out.  The computer I was working on is an HP computer several years old.  I simply moved all the video files and the project into a newer laptop that had the software installed as well.  From there, I was able to successfully playback and burn the project with no problems.

Thanks again!

Sarah

• 3. Re: Help me export my 1st video project!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sarah

Thanks for the update and news of your success going to another computer for your Premiere Elements 12 projects.

If your time permits, could you tell us the computer resource differences between the older HP computer and the newer laptop where

you were successful with your Premiere Elements 12 workflows.

Best wishes moving forward.

ATR