3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 9:10 PM by JimHess

How to print from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro-100?

ymcebs

When I go to print from Lightroom, the colors on my screen look exactly as I want them. Then I have the color management set to Canon Pro-100 with the type of paper I am using (pro-luster), but when I get the printer setup on my screen, I get different colors (ugly colors). I then print the picture, and I get the same colors that were on my screen for the printer setup (the ugly colors).

how do I set it up that colors will be managed by Lightroom? which option do I select when under the Profile section?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to print from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro-100?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have the same printer, and get excellent results from it. You have two choices; you can either allow Lightroom to manage the color, or you can let the printer manage the color. You don't want both the printer and Lightroom managing the color. If that happens you get bad colors.

To allow Lightroom to manage the color you need to go into the page setup, which opens your printer driver and you need to turn off color management. You also need to set the paper size and paper type based on the profile you are using. There are usually instructions packaged with paper indicating what settings you should choose. After you have set everything appropriately in the printer driver you need to select the appropriate paper profile from the list available to you in Lightroom.

To allow the printer to manage the color, you choose that option in Lightroom. Then in the page setup you need to choose the paper type as well as the exact paper profile that you will be using.

• 2. Re: How to print from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro-100?
            ymcebs Level 1

Jim,

Thanks for the instructions, but I am not sure I understand how to let lightroom manage the colors - how do I open the printer driver? is this when I hit the Printer, and then get the menu from the canon printer?

• 3. Re: How to print from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro-100?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You access the printer driver through the page setup button in the lower left-hand corner of the print module.