6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2016 8:10 AM by SojournerMedia

How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?

Julioca24

Hey guys, I'm trying to edit videos to use for the Vine App but every time i go and save the work it always saves with black borders around the videos when i try to upload them. Can anyone help? I was told Vine use 480x480 resolution as MP4 videos but it still comes out with the borders.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

julioca

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If I am reading the correct online descriptions, are your restricted to a 6 seconds upload for your edited content?

What are you wanting to edit...what are the properties of those videos that you want to import into Premiere Elements and then

export as 480 x 480 with file extension .mp4? Are they 4:3 or 16:9 when you go to import them?

ATR

• 2. Re: How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?
            Julioca24 Level 1

Sure! Thanks for the quick reply.

I run Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Windows 7.

That is correct, I am only restricted to 6 second videos.

I am just editing multiple sections of videos i simply film with my Android Galaxy S3. The resolution is set to 1920x1080 (16:9) on the camera phone when I film.

This is the part I get confused on is how to save it. There's exporting for computer and mobile phones. The Vine App only allows importing from your phone. So I assume picking the mobile phone exporting part of Element would be the best one, from there i get a little lost as to what to use to have the files imported correctly without the borders.

• 3. Re: How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

julio

I tried to road test this by downloading and installing the Vine App, but all I had was iPod Touch 4th generation which cannot be updated to meet the requirements for Vine App.

So, please give the following its road test, and let us see if this works for you....

1. Open Premiere Elements 13 to its Expert workspace. Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to "Default Scale to Frame Size".

2. Import your source media 1080p into Premiere Elements 13 (Add Media/Files and Folders) and make your 6 sec segment. You can selectively export that

6 seconds segment without having to get rid of the rest of the Timeline

a. move the gray tabs to span just that Timeline segment

and

b. when in the export area make sure that there is a check mark next to Share Work Area Bar Only.

This first screenshot was done with version 10, but points to the two requirements for selective import that applies to 13 as well.

graytabs10.JPG

3. Go to Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone/ with Presets = "Apple iPad 2,3, 4, Mini; iPhone 4S, 5, 5S; Apple TV3 - 1080p29.97"

Under the Advanced Button.Video Tab of that preset customize the preset as shown in the following screenshot

Video Tab opened to show details.....

480 480 MP4.JPG

Check out the Multiplexer Tab to assure that

Multiplexer = MP4

Stream Compatibility = iPod

This should give you a 480 x 480 H.264.mp4 file (6 seconds duration) saved to the computer hard drive location that you designate.

You can also produce a H.264.mov file using Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime. We can go

into that next if necessary.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?
                Julioca24 Level 1

It still seemed to leave a black border around the video when uploading it to vine, but i did notice that if you mess with the scales of height and width in the motion section it seems to make the borders disappear, but it also takes some of the video display away,

• 5. Re: How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

julioca

Thanks for the reply.

You wrote

but i did notice that if you mess with the scales of height and width in the motion section it seems to make the borders disappear,

Did you do that scaling in the Vine App interface?

If so, I am wondering what the result would be if you uploaded the Premiere Elements 6 second clip as a normal 4:3 or 16:9 and then let

the Vine App do the scaling to its display area size of 480 x 480? Does the Vine App have such an automatic scaling feature?

ATR

• 6. Re: How to edit Vine App videos using Adobe Elements?
                    SojournerMedia

Try exporting as 16:9 video then upload to Vine through the App, it will automatically cut out the centre of the frame, you can pan the frame within the app if needed