3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 12:52 PM by andys75622553

Unable to install Adobe flash player

scotpiper

I'm using Windows 7 & Internet Explorer 11. I keep trying to download & install flash player. It downloads, but then asks me to close IE during installation & retry. I close IE & retry & the installer seems to be working fine, it makes it to the final screen with the "finish" button, I click it, but there is still no flash player installed on my PC. I'm also using Avast Free AV.

• 1. Re: Unable to install Adobe flash player
          andys75622553 Level 3

Hi Scott

"there is still no flash player installed on my PC"

If you click on Start, then Control panel (View in upper right hand corner set to Large Icons - not Category), do you see a Flash Player Icon?

If you see a Flash Player icon click on it and then click on the Advanced tab. What version does it show?

• 2. Re: Unable to install Adobe flash player
            scotpiper Level 1

Thanks for replying andys. Actually, Flash Player DOES appear in control panel. The icon shows a 32 bit version. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. The advanced tab says: ActiveX Version 16.0.0.305. If it's on my PC, why does Adobe's website say it isn't on my PC when I use their checking tool? I also get a message that I don't have the player installed or don't have the most current version & need to update or download every time I try to watch a video?

• 3. Re: Unable to install Adobe flash player
              andys75622553 Level 3

1. I am running Windows 7 64bit and when I look at the Control Panel it shows "Flash Player 32 bit".

2. Some Adobe Flash Player website checkers do not work for me. The following Adobe website Flash Player checker does work for me:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

3. When you are running Internet Explorer click on Tools, then click on Manage Add-ons. With Toolbars and Extensions selected on the far left, you should be able to see a listing of your add-ons.

Under Adobe Systems you should see Shockwave Flash Object and it should be Enabled.