• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Running Captivate 3 on our computers. It keeps giving a Flash Player Error Message: Flash Player for Microsoft Internet Explorer, is not currently installed on your computer.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any Idea what needs to be done to fix this problem. We have projects that we need to get to that are in captivate.

When I try to load Captivate version 3.0.1.589 on any of the 3 computers I have it installed on, I get the following message.

####################################################

The Flash Player for Microsoft Internet Explorer, is not currently

installed on your computer.

You will automatically be redirected to the Adobe website in order to

download the Flash Player.

Please note that Adobe Captivate cannot be used until the Flash Player

is installed

###################################################.

The computer is windows 7 64 bit, 32 gig RAM

Captivate use to work fine on all 3 computers.

It has been installed and working for years with no problems on all 3 computers.

When I go to adobes flash tester for Internet Explorer, it says that I have version 16,0,0,305 installed.

https://www.adobe.com/swf/software/flash/about/flashAbout_info_small.swf

The captivate error message redirects you to install the Flash Player software again. I have re-installed the flash player on all three machines but it still gives the same error message.

Also there is a support page that suggest setting internet explorer to the default browser . I have set internet explorer as the default browser as suggested by the support, and followed the associated instructions.

Does anyone have any Idea what needs to be done to fix this problem. We have projects that we need to get to that are in captivate.

Error: "Adobe Flash Player is not currently installed" when you start Adobe Captivate

(This) Solution (Doesn't Work - from support page provided by adobe with a date)

•   
    Set your default browser to Internet Explorer

•   
    Start Internet Explorer

•   
  •   
    Install Adobe Flash Player

•   
    Start Adobe Captivate

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

If you are seeing this when starting Captivate 3, likely you need to DOWNGRADE your flash player. The one you have is probably too new and Captivate 3 doesn't understand it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources