2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 8:10 AM by Rick Gerard

Can I export Warp Stabilizer Data?

vridaw

I have two identical video clips, they match frame for frame, however one of them is under exposed and is a lot darker. Therefore it is a lot harder for warp stablizer to work.

Can I somehow export the data from the warp stabilizer on the clip that it works on to apply it to the under exposed clip?

I would use Mocha to stabilize the shot, but I am having difficulties with it, since it requires frames to match throughout and my shot is rotating.

Any help is greatly apprecaited TIA

• 1. Re: Can I export Warp Stabilizer Data?
          Arivl Level 1

I believe if you have the two clips in the same comp you can run the stabilization on the better clip, and then simply copy and paste the whole filter to the other one.

That being said, another option would be to stabilize the better clip, and then color correct it to match the darker one.

• 2. Re: Can I export Warp Stabilizer Data?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have identical footage then you either had a motion control camera, and even then it's highly unlikely to be exactly frame for frame unless the rig was very big, heavy and expensive and your actors were robots because anything moving in the scene would throw off the warp stabilizing, or the camera was locked down and there was nothing moving in the scene. There must be some differences in the shots or there would be no need to work on the one that is under exposed.

There is nothing keeping from you from making exposure or color grading adjustments on the original clip then pre-composing or rendering a clean copy, and warp stabilizing that clip. I don't think anything else is going to work.