7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 10:16 AM by GVspike

Borderless Printing

danielw6552638

I am trying to print out a simple, single picture as a 4x6 glossy print.  I have checked all setting in LR and for printer (e.g. paper size, orientation, margins) and still get a wide white border with a shrunken version of my image scaled and centered in the middle of my 4x6 paper.  How should I correct?

• 1. Re: Borderless Printing
          bob frost Level 3

You don't say that you have checked the 'borderless' checkbox in the printer setup page. Have you?

Bob Frost

• 2. Re: Borderless Printing
            danielw6552638 Level 1

Yes, tried borderless option in printer setup page.  No help.

• 3. Re: Borderless Printing
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you adjusted the cell size in the Lightroom print module setup?

• 4. Re: Borderless Printing
                danielw6552638 Level 1

No...sounds promising.  How do I do that?

• 5. Re: Borderless Printing
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have to choose borderless printing and the paper size in the page setup option, which allows you to make choices in the printer driver. Then, in Lightroom, in the Layout panel, you adjust your margins, which you would set to 0, and then you would set the cell size.

• 6. Re: Borderless Printing
                    danielw6552638 Level 1

Got it. Thanks.

• 7. Re: Borderless Printing
                      GVspike

Hi Jim and other members,

I have never managed to get any borderless 10x15 or 13x18 from my Epson 3880. I am following the exact same steps but to no avail. I could really use some help.

What I do:

Mac Pro 10.8.5 Mountain Lion (but also tried Mavericks, Yosemite)

Printer driver version 9.17

Lightroom 5.6 and 5.7

Photo dimensions: 5538x3692 (2:3 ratio)

Paper size: 10x15 cm (dutch)

Page Setup:

- EpsonStylusPro3880-84952F

- Paper Size: 102x152mm (4x6 in) (Sheet Feeder - Borderless (Auto Expand))

- Scale: 100%

Layout Style: Single Image / Contact Sheet

v Zoom to Fill

v Rotate to Fit

All Margins set to 0

Cell Size 152,4 by 101,6 mm (eq. to 6.00 by 4.00 inches)

What I get:

- The image printed on the 10x15 paper has the correct scale, meaning that if I measure an object in the photo it has the correct size for a 10x15 print

- There is a white border that is projected on top of the outer edge of the photo. It is as if the white border ate the photo edge away

- The white border is exactly 3mm Left Right Top and Bottom. This would equate to 1.18 inches.

I repeated this procedure with a custom paper size of 10x15 cm, but the result is the same.

The same problem occurs in PS CS6

Thank you for your thoughts.

Kind regards, Selwin

Edit: When I use my new MBP under El Capitan and print from the new Photos app, I can print borderless although the scale doesn't match. The image is zoomed in a bit (would say about 93% of my image width and height is printed) but what is printed stretches right to all edges, so no white border. Thus, my printer is mechanically able to print borderless. I just can't get the software to work.