14 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 6:18 PM by sekagh

Premier element error

sekagh

Hi,anytime i run  Premier element 13 i get an error message that says there is no disc in the drive,inset the disc in drive e but the thing is the program runs alright without any problem just that the error message is so irritating please help.

• 1. Re: Premier element error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sekagh

What you describe is a known problem in Premiere Elements 13.

Adobe has posted to delete the OldFilm.AEX file, and that has solved the problem for essentially all so far.

On Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming the file from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Does that work for you?

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier element error
            A.T. Romano Level 7

sekagh

Add On...

Adobe has just released the 13.1 Update. You update from 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

Consider updating from 13 to 13.1 and then deciding if the deleting or disabling OldFilm.AEX is needed to get rid of the No Disk error

that you ran into in 13.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premier element error
              PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi ATR,

We can confirm that this error is not resolved in the 13.1 patch. Removing OldFilm.AEX is the solution for now.

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team

• 4. Re: Premier element error
                A.T. Romano Level 7

PRE_help

Great information to have regarding the status of fixes for the No Disc error associated with Premiere Elements 13.

Your post which suggested OldFilm.AEX deletion or disabling fix for this error was a life saver for those with the No Disc error in 13. So many thanks for that. I never

ran into that issue in my Premiere Elements 13, so I could not test to determine first hand whether or not 13.1 fixed the issue for those who encountered the issue.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premier element error
                  sekagh Level 1

Big thanks to you all,the issue is sovled now. I really appreciate your help.

• 6. Re: Premier element error
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

sekagh

Great news.Thanks for follow up which is appreciated by all.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premier element error
                      sekagh Level 1

You are welcome and thanks once again.

• 8. Re: Premier element error
                        sekagh Level 1

I'm going through another issue and hope you can help. Sometimes when I'm editing audio inside Premier element 13 i keep getting this error that says''Premier element has encountered an error [..\Sequence\Trakltem.cpp-205]''. Please help.

• 9. Re: Premier element error
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

sekagh

What is the format of the audio that you are editing - is the audio 2 channel or 5.1 channel?

What audio track is the audio on?

What specific edit of this audio that are you doing when the error message appears?

Please remind us on what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 13 is running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premier element error
                            sekagh Level 1

Thanks for your reply. The audio is in stereo wave format,and i was trying to sync to that of the video but when i move it with the mouse to either left or right then the error messsage pops up. As for the 5.1 channel thing you asked i have no ideo about it. I am sorry i didn't mention earlier,I alredy upgraded to Premier Element 13.1. My operating system is windows Edition 8.1. I tried to put the audio on tack 1,6 and 7 but they all didn't work.

Thank you.

• 11. Re: Premier element error
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

sekagh

Thanks for the update.

Please consider the following using an alternative for moving the clips.

Select/highlight the clip on the Expert workspace Timeline. As you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, tap once the right or left arrow key.

Under that condition, one tap = 1 frame movement. And, please look at Shift + Alt tapping once the right or left arrow key. Under that condition, one tap = 5 frames.

Please let us know if the error message also occurs.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premier element error
                                sekagh Level 1

That is awesome bro I tried what you asked me to and the error pops up no more,I appreciate your help.

• 13. Re: Premier element error
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sekagh

Wonderful wonderful news. Thanks for the update and the follow through. Great job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: Premier element error
                                    sekagh Level 1

You are welcome come and thank you very much.