8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 6:42 AM by Angar

Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help

Angar

Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs.

I have not been able to launch Lightroom or Photoshop for around a week now.

I am losing money. Help.

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please read https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1499014

-try some steps such as changing browsers and turning off your firewall

-also flush your browser cache so you are starting with a fresh browser

http://myleniumerrors.com/installation-and-licensing-problems/creative-cloud-error-codes-w ip/

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

or

A chat session where an agent may remotely look inside your computer may help

Creative Cloud chat support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

• 2. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
            Angar Level 1

I will try the chat agent you mentioned. Clearing my browser cache or choosing a different browser doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the Creative Cloud native application running on my desktop and downloading applications. If it does then the default OS browser in Mac OS seems like it should actually function.

And CC has been working for months and months. Why in the last week has it given up functioning? I will post results of my chat session here if they help to resolve the issue. 

• 3. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
              Angar Level 1

First help session:

info: You are now chatting with Amzad.

Amzad: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Amzad: Hi Angus.

Angus: hi

Amzad: I understand that you are unable to use creative cloud , I will be glad to assist you with this.

Angus: thanks. i cannot use any of my adobe applications either so i am paying money for nothing right now

Amzad: I see that you have purchased Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year) dated Aug 29, 2014.

Angus : yes

Angus: my account was charged 2/7

Angus: for the photography package

Amzad: thank you for the information.

Amzad: I see that this is a technical issue. I'll need to transfer this chat to the technical support team so that this issue is resolved in this first contact itself.

Amzad: Please stay online.

Angus: okay thank you

info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.

info: You are now chatting with 'Mythili'

Mythili: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Mythili: Hi Angus .

Mythili: I understand that you would like to download Creative Cloud desktop application, is that right?

Angus: downloaded, installed on Mac OS 10.10 and reporting that it cannot contact Adobe Servers.

Angus: My firewall is switched off

Mythili: Thank you for confirming.

Mythili: I'll be glad to check and help you with that.

Angus : I cannot use any of my applications

Angus: thanks

Mythili: I would like to know if you are connected to wireless network.

Angus: yes

Angus: but I was on a wired network earlier with the same problem

Angus: this has been happening for about a week

Mythili: Okay.

Angus : same issue if i disconnect and use a cellular LTE network - cannot contact adobe servers

Mythili: Are you connected to corporate network?

Angus : no

Mythili: Will you be able to connect to a different network?

Angus : sure i have already tried my cell provider's LTE network

Angus : completely different network.

Mythili: Yes please .

Angus : also tried from Starbucks. doesn't work there either

Angus : if i switch network this chat will terminate

Mythili: I will leave the case open for you , if you are facing the same issue please contact us back via chat .

Angus : ok

Mythili: You can also contact us back via Live Chat using the following link : http://helpx.adobe.com/contact/index.html

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to at the end of your chat.

Angus : ok talk to you again in a minute.

Mythili: Thank you .

Mythili: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Angus : no let me try it out and get back

Mythili: Thank you for contacting Adobe. Good Bye.

• 4. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
                Angar Level 1

Next chat help:

info: You are now chatting with 'Sooraj '

Sooraj : Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to at the end of your chat.

Angus: Hi, I am contacting you about case number: 0214868378 that was not resolved. I changed network as asked and the problem is still not resolved. I was initially connected through my home Wifi network. I have also tried my wired network and I am now using my cell provider's LTE network. My OS is Mac OS X 10.10 and the firewall is switched off. I have a direct internet connection through my cellphone provider. Please resolve my issue. I cannot access Creative Cloud, nor can I run any Adobe applications that I have paid for.

Sooraj : Hi, Angus.

Sooraj : Thank you for the details.

Sooraj : I will be glad to check this.

Angus: thanks

Sooraj : May I know the operating system in the computer?

Angus: Mac OS X 10.10.2

Sooraj : Okay.

Sooraj : May I know if you have any anti-virus installed?

Angus: no

Angus: I mean no there is no antivirus installed

Sooraj : Open Finder.

Sooraj : Press Command-Shift-G

Sooraj : Enter: /etc

Angus: ok

Sooraj : Open the hosts file there.

Angus: ## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost

Sooraj : Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Network.

Sooraj : Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or Airport(Wireless).

Sooraj : Click on lock icon, enter the Administrator name and password.

Sooraj : Then click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.

Sooraj : Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.Then click on Apply Now button and try signing to Creative Cloud desktop application.

Angus: well it's iPhone USB because I am connected using a cellular network per your colleagues advice but I will let you know the setting ...

Angus: There is no Advanced button for iPhone connections

Angus: but just to confirm those settings were set on my prior Wifi connection that did not work

Angus: tried to sign in ...

Angus: Unable to reach adobe servers

Sooraj : Please change you connection to Wifi or a direct cable DSL connection.

Angus: Please check your firewall settings and try again in a few mintues.

Sooraj : Then, change the settings accordingly.

Angus: ok

Angus: done

Angus : Settings were already set correctly but I did try to log in - same results

Sooraj : Please try disabling your firewall.

Angus : it is already switched off

Angus : but i have now also switched off the firewall on my router that leaves my whole house open to attack

Angus : I will try again.

Angus : same result.

Angus : right now my mac and router have no firewall

Angus : Unable to reach Adobe servers

Sooraj : OKay.

Angus : Please check your firewall settings ... etc

Sooraj : May I know if you are on a home network?

Angus : i am on a home network

Sooraj : Could you please connecting to a wired connection?

Angus : ok give me a moment.

Sooraj : Sure.

• 5. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
                  Angar Level 1

And now I get no response from the chat helpline. Maybe I was lucky to get 2 people within 10 minutes. I have now been waiting 20 without a response. So here is where I am:

Chat Case numbers: 0214868378 and 0186354999 and now 0186355153 (not answered) were not resolved because the agent asked me to change my network connection type and that terminated the chat session.

I was initially connected through my home Wifi network.

I then used my cell provider's LTE network.

I am now on my my wired network.

My Creative Cloud still tells me 'Unable to reach Adobe Servers. Please check your firewall settings, and try again in a few minutes'

My OS is Mac OS X 10.10.2

I do not have any anti-virus software installed.

My Mac firewall is switched off.

My home router firewall is also switched off.

I have checked the proxy settings and PASV ftp settings for both wired and wifi and they are correct.

I have looked at /etc/hosts and that is correct.

I cannot access Creative Cloud nor can I run any Adobe applications that I have paid for.

So for actual monetary payment I cannot use the service I have paid for and the support team cannot fix the problem. As the company now has my media hostage I suppose I have to keep paying the ransom and hope someone will help me get my media back.

Come on Adobe get your act together.

• 6. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
                    adobe_britt Adobe Employee

Hi Angus,
                    Sorry you've been having trouble. I've asked our tech support team to give you a call during business hours.
                    -Britt

• 7. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
                      Angar Level 1

Hi.

One thing I noted is that my debit card was invalidated about a week ago. I updated my payment information and Adobe charged my monthly fee on 2/7.

Quite interestingly this is around the timeframe that my installation couldn't contact Adobe any more.

Now that my monthly fee has been processed I now seem to have 'magically' overnight received access to Adobe servers again.

Is it a policy to hijack people's work if prompt payment is not made?

This is a very worrying policy and makes me want to look at not storing any of my work or files in the Creative Cloud.

And the fact that everything 'just works' this morning shows that something systematic happened. Believe me I was not awake at 4am in the morning when my computer seemed to regain connection to Adobe.

Thanks for restoring access - however that happened. But note that I am pretty concerned about your company's policy and relationship with its customers.

Regards,

Angus

• 8. Re: Creative Cloud tells me it cannot connect to adobe servers. It worked fine for about a year. Now I cannot access any of my programs. I am losing money. Help
                        Angar Level 1

Pay your subscription dues on time or lose access to your work, your programs and potentially your livelihood.