7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 1:36 AM by doug297

Use of 'marquee' on time line.

doug297

I have just upgraded from Elements 7 to Elements 13 - I frequently edit audio on the timeline, draw a marquee around the edit and 'Export' as a wav file for later use.  I now find in E13 that the 'Export' command (under 'File') is 'unlit' so cannot be used.

I have tried many keyboard combinations to achieve this with no success - do I have a 'bug' or is there a way round this, I really need this facility!.

DOUG

• 1. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

doug297

The File Menu/Export/Movie was discontinued after Premiere Elements 7 where you could export via the File Menu or from the Share section.

In versions 8 to 10, the exporting choices are under a section called Share. In version 11, 12, and 13, the exporting choices are under a section called

Publish+Share.

If you want to export selected audio file to a .wav version, then Publish+Share/Computer/Audio.

The Audio choice is at the end of the Publish+Share/Computer choices. Use the small scroll bar

to the right of the list of choices to scroll down to the Audio choice.

If you have questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
            doug297 Level 1

ATR - Hi

Very many thanks for your help with this problem, you have solved it for me, much appreciated.

May I 'pick your brains' on one more item?

I use Elements a great deal in digitising/archiving old cine film - damaged or shortened scenes in a film can be greatly restored by the use of the 'stretch tool' button (as in Elements 7) - I have read in the Forum that this button cannot be replicated in Elements 13.  I use this facility a great deal.  he 'stretch' button allows me to simply 'draw' the end of one clip up to an adjacent clip thus retaining the sound synch on the film.  Is it at all possible that a 'download' of some sort could be made available for Elements 13?.  I really have problems over the lack of this 'stretch' button - it is almost impossible for me to ***** the EXACT percentage increase or decrease required in the current 'box'.  

Is there perhaps a way to 'copy' the 'stretch' button from Elements 7 and transfer it to Elements 13?.

Once again, many thanks for your help

DOUG

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Doug

I believe that you are referring to the Premiere Elements 7 feature

TimeStretch7.jpg

I have found no way to move that button into Premiere Elements 13. At one point I got the bright idea of using the Premiere Elements 7 keyboard shortcut X for this icon

in 13 in the hopes of gaining its action in the mouse cursor even if there was no actual Time Stretch Tool button there. Did not work.

You can always click on the right edge of the clip and drag it in, noting "time in" with the pop up as you drag the edge in with the mouse cursor.

timestrech.jpg

Did any of that work for you?

ATR

• 4. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
                whsprague Level 4

In version 13, there is a time stretch function on the Tools tab and Tools menu or with a Ctrl+R.  It has a 'Maintain Audio Pitch" check box.  Could that work for you?  There is also a more complex Time Remapping tool, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

• 5. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Doug

I am fully aware of the Time Stretch and Time Remapping features and their use in Premiere Elements 13 and other versions. I did not bring them up since I was answering your specific question about the Time Stretch Tool of old and your preference for it.

One of the reasons being ....

I really have problems over the lack of this 'stretch' button - it is almost impossible for me to ***** the EXACT percentage increase or decrease required in the current 'box'.

What have you been using now for what you were doing previously with the Time Stretch button of old? Did you look at Time Remapping or some other workaround?

We would glad to give more details as needed.

ATR

• 6. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
                    whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

I am fully aware of the Time Stretch and Time Remapping features and their use in Premiere Elements 13 and other versions.

You have got to be kidding!  You knew about the possibilities.  Rather than suggest their potential use, you glorified capabilities in earlier versions?

• 7. Re: Use of 'marquee' on time line.
                      doug297 Level 1

ATR - Hi

This was as I thought so somehow I will manage.

The reason I changed from E7 to E13 is because I need to incorporate AVCHD material with the archived film clips and E7 doesn't want to know about that!.

Anyhow, thanks for your input, much appreciated.

DOUG

Sent from my iPad