3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 1:24 PM by A.T. Romano

What computer or capability do I need for Premier elements 11?

Atlcenter

I find that my Dell Studio 1555 becomes jerky or stops and starts when in the editing mode of premier elements. Its a 2Ghz, 4 GB machine. I'm not sure where the limitation exist. ie: memory, video card, the software itself? The Dell 1555 has no problem when streaming from youtube or from netflix etc. It only happens when using video editing software.

My question is, If it is the computer then what computer or specification do I need to keep the video from being jerky during editing playback.

If you can suggest some guidance I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: What computer or capability do I need for Premier elements 11?
          MichelBParis Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The requirements by Adobe are:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/system-requirements-premiere-elements.html

But you should ask advice in the dedicated Premiere Elements forum, where you'll find the best experts:

Premiere Elements

• 2. Re: What computer or capability do I need for Premier elements 11?
            Atlcenter Level 1

I'm new to this forum and thought that I was in the Premier elements group. I will try to move it. Thanks,

• 3. Re: What computer or capability do I need for Premier elements 11?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Atlcenter

I am reading your thread in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum and am an experience Premiere Elements user.

Before you consider modifications or upgrades to your computer, let us troubleshoot the issues and their symptoms related to your Premiere Elements 11.

1. What computer operating system is involved, 32 or 64 bit? How much free hard drive space?

2. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

3. What are the properties of the source videos that you are importing into the project and do they match the description of the project settings (project preset)?

See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General as well as telling us the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video (to get at the properties of the source files)? Are any of those files from a cell phone, iPad, iPhone, or other device that records with a variable rather than constant frame rate?

4. When the source is dragged to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1 for the first time as the first file to that Timeline, is there an orange line above its contents or no colored line? If you press the Render button above the Timeline, do you get playback of the Timeline content in the monitor or a pop up Render dialog?

5. Does the unstable Timeline present whether you have 1 or 10 files on that Timeline? Does the Timeline content become unstable

a. with application of effects, transitions, titles?

b. with duration in excess of 60 minutes?

c. other

Let us start here and then decide what next. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR